Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#493603 02/12/09 11:58 PM
W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
President Barack Obama has almost finished his first month as president. This is a neutral post, I realize I am on the Democratic forum and I won't criticize your answers. I really do want to know how you think he is doing so far.

If you saw something specific that he has done that you liked, please comment on it.

Thank you
-whoisjohngalt

Has Obama handled the transition well?
single choice
Yes (93%, 13 Votes)
No (7%, 1 Votes)
I don't know (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Votes: 14
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Do you approve of the closing of Gitmo?
single choice
Yes (71%, 10 Votes)
No (14%, 2 Votes)
I don't know (14%, 2 Votes)
I don't eat spicy food (0%, 0 Votes)
Do you approve of the 2009 Stimulus Bill?
single choice
Yes (50%, 7 Votes)
No (14%, 2 Votes)
I don't know (36%, 5 Votes)
Has he delivered on his promises so far?
single choice
Yes (29%, 4 Votes)
No (7%, 1 Votes)
I don't know yet- give him more time- for crying out loud, it's only been a month! (64%, 9 Votes)
Do you agree with the media suggesting that Obama is another Abe Lincoln?
single choice
Yes (21%, 3 Votes)
No (21%, 3 Votes)
I didn't know they were (36%, 5 Votes)
No, he wouldn't look good in a top hat (21%, 3 Votes)
Who's Abe Lincoln? (0%, 0 Votes)
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
Politicos WANT power...and most know exactly what they are getting into.....and it has nothing to do with party or office. Having said that, I am an American and want to see MY/OUR president (of either party) and country do well. I am an American first....and a moderate member of my party second...a distant second.... I feel sorry for ANY president who inherited the economic mess that we have now. I wish Obama luck. Our country needs good governing by somebody...and I hope the present president provides it. I can't stand people of either party like Rush Limbaugh....who keeps saying that he WANTS Obama to fail.... What the @#$#@ kind of American is he anyway?

W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
Just throwing this out there for clarification purposes. Rush has repeatedly said he wants Obama's policies to fail. He wants the country to succeed. That is the rest of it that you won't find in the media. He clarified this point with his address to C-PAC just recently and he has been reiterating it on his show on almost a daily basis.

Think of it in terms of this: imagine that a person ran and said they were going to do "x" "w" "Z". Imagine that you strongly disagree with "x" "w" "z". You think that these will hurt the country both short term and long term.

Would you be wrong to say you hope that that person fails in their plans?

My point is, Rush's comments have nothing to do with Barack the person. They have ONLY to do with what Barack wants to while holding office.

This is a link to a transcript of the speech he gave to CPAC, you can see for yourself.

www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030209/content/01125106.guest.html

-whoisjohngalt

PS:Thank you to all who participated in the poll smile

P
P
To whoisjohngalt: What scares me most is that many many people really believe all the c--p that Lush Rimbaugh is putting out. He is so hateful and negative and his only goal is to intimidate people into believing that President Obama is wrong about everything he believes in. And Lush will say absolutely anything to get people to believe his gutter talk. That is so very typical of the conservative groups. The only thing they don't do conservatively is lie.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I agree, Prairie Girl. Friends tell me that in their local bars and supermarkets, they hear many people parroting Rush Limbaugh's views. Whenever I hear him or Sean Hannity speak, I wonder "What is your goal? Could your goal truly be to create negativity, doubt, fear, hatred, and separation?" It boggles my mind. By the way, are you the Prairie Girl I know from the LIW world?

W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
What is it that Rush is saying that is not backed up by a thought out and logical argument. I have a lot of respect for him (obviously smile ) I fail to see how the statement that he wants a politician's policies to fail is gutter talk. In what way is this so?

To be honest, Rush is one of the most optimistic people I have ever heard. He is always proclaiming the greatness of the country. He is always sticking up for the constitution. He has extensive knowlege about history and (more importantly) the founding fathers. He is very hard on the Left due to a disagreement of philosophies, but he is equally hard on the Right when they lose sight of their principles.

I would put a challenge forth for anyone to tell me where he lies. What is the "c--p" he is saying? Back up your argument with facts and we can move forward with a civil debate.

I have no problem saying I am wrong about something, but my reality of how the world works is dependent on proof and logic. Take the speech to CPAC, for example, I listen to his show whenever I can and what he said at CPAC was no different than what he says on a daily basis. I invite you to show me where I am wrong in trusting Rush Limbaugh. Where is the lies?

-whoisjohngalt

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I respect your call for true debate based on facts. To begin with one lie, I refer you to factcheck.org. If you search "Rush Limbaugh, you will find a recent claim he made about medical treatment and the stimulus bill that was incorrect. As time permits, I will look for other examples of Limbaugh spreading untruths. As far as Rush sticking up for the Constitution, I find that loyalty hard to believe when he also supported an Administration that for eight years tried to dismantle the Constitution. In the spirit of healthy, respectful debate, Susan -- Democratic Party Editor

Susan Gaissert, Democratic Party Editor
Democratic Party Website
Democratic Party Forum
W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
I went to factcheck.org and put in Rush Limbaugh. I came up with an article called "Doctor's Orders?" Halfway through, I found the segment about Rush's "inacuracy." It was a statement from his Feb 10th show explaining the downside of Nationalizing the Medical industry:

Rush: "...If you're a seasoned citizen and you go to the doctor, you have an ailment of some kind, the doctor will do a test. The doctor will then consult your medical records. The doctor will then consult federal guidelines to find out if you are to be treated. And if the cost of your treatment as a seasoned citizen is deemed by the government to be too expensive based on how much longer you have to live, then you don't get treated..."

He is actually correct in this and the proof comes from every other country that has gone down this route. I just posted a link to an article that compiles headlines and stories from many different papers from Canada, Cuba, the UK, Australia, the former USSR, and New Zealand. Every other country with nationalized healthcare has and is doing this. They are factoring in the cost and age of their citizens before approving or denying being put on the waiting list.

www.liberty-page.com/issues/healthcare/socialized.html#canada

This is the article I am refering to. You can click on each headline and it will take you to that article. In this way, Rush was right.

-whoisjohngalt

PS: Rush did not always support Bush, and up until he was the candidate, he did not support McCaine. He was an outspoken critic whenever they lost their conservative principals. But I do agree with you, though I think they did a good job defending the country, the former administration did not do a good job of shrinking the government even when they controlled two branches up untill '06.

Shark
Shark
But this statement is also true about private insurance as well. If it were a true condemnation of what government subsidzied healthcare does, it should relfect what government subsidized healthcare does uniquely. Every form of health insurance treats (or, rather, approves treatment) based on cost analysis. Otherwise, health insurance wouldn't remain a viable business.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Rush lied about:

911 Commission report

He claimed that no one ever said there was a connection between Iraq and 911.

About AIDS

He doesn't know what the minimum wage actually is

About the Kyoto Protocol

and MUCH MORE...

He is NOT a smart person anything he says can be proven wrong, a lie, or well, just wrong.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.