Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd
But "Iron Chef America" has Alton Brown - I love him!!!! I would have thought since you enjoy "Good Eats" you would have liked "ICA" as well.

I am addicted to Top Chef. I've been trying to get my brother to audition ever since the 1st season. He has the skills plus the *ahem* to make it on there. Although he would have to learn to cuss a lot more than he does now.
LOL!!!
Well tell him if he speaks a different language, when it comes to cussing, he can always jump into the alternate language and say regular words but with an angry tone. They should assume he's cussing and he should fit in fine. LOL!!! laugh

But definitely! Alton makes the show. Iron Chef America has grown on me, but it took a while longer. I initially looked at it as a cheap counterfeit, but not anymore.
Love Alton though. Great timing!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Debbie - NASCAR
I like Alton Brown too... He's awesome. One of the things I find interesting about Good Eats are the camera angles. The camera that appears to be in the pot or the fridge or the oven is awesome lol... He is also very informative. I like him on Iron Chef America, but it's not one that watch every week.

You know I got a chance to see the behind the scenes of Good Eats and it was awesome. I've produced programming for years and fell even more in love with the show when they did that piece on the making of it. There's a lot of time that goes into putting it all together before we see it.

I've gotta see if I can find that episode online or something. I want it for my collection!

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
One thing I loved about Julia Child is that she was an ordinary woman who learned how to cook. She wasn't a born culinary genius. She spoke about her early learning mistakes, and she even had the courage to admit her junk food weaknesses (peanut M&M's and Fritos).

Do you remember the Galloping Gourmet? What was his name? Graham Kerr, I think. Funny.

As far as my fav Iron Chef, it's Masaharu Morimoto!!! Next would be Chef Chen (was it Chen Kenichi? Sounds Japanese but he was Chinese! I can't remember!)

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Yeah, Graham Kerr.

I thought he had a great sense of humor too. I loved the interaction that he had with his audience.

I like Masaharu too, but I have to say that on Iron Chef America I loved the challenge when Mario Batali and Rachel Rae teamed up. I got a lot of respect for Rachel and Mario on that one.

Does anyone remember the show Yan Can Cook?

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
Yes, I remember Martin Yan. You can still catcch him on some cable stations. He does a travel type show where he takes the viewer through China.

I love his energy and humor. And his accent!

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Is he on PBS?

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
BTW...

New topic started Experimental Kitchen

Check it out and sound off! grin

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I really liked to watch Yan Can Cook. He is great! I also like Jacques Pepin - I would watch him any time he was on TV. His "Fast Food My Way" was my favorite cooking show. I also like that chef who lives in Mexico and has his own resturant - darn! I cannot remember his name. He not only cooked on the show, but took his audience around to the markets and other resturants in Mexico.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 03/29/10 11:45 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hey Phyllis!

I don't think I've seen that one. Let me know if you remember what the show or his name is? Now I'm really curious. Do you remember how long ago the show aired? or if it still comes on?

Let us know!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My favorites are - Top Chef (loving the all-stars). I also love Hells Kitchen, Chopped, The Next Food Network Stars, The Next Iron Chef.

Sometimes I will watch 30 minute meals. I like the Neely's but sometimes they are a little nauseating.
I tried watching the show about the worse cooks, but I couldn't get into it.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.