D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Originally Posted By: Craig58
My apologies I misunderstood.

NO worries...a little agreeing to disagree works for me..it adds some excitment to the day!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: Dianne - Unemployment
...and I completely agree with that Vance, but to me my childs safety far outweighs the thought of her cheating on a test. If only there was a happy medium crazy...it's just that the schools are so unreliable as far as getting out information when something wrong happens during the school day.
She should keep it on silent and in her pocket during class but they should be allowed in school. Just my opinion... smile

Oh No, I agree with you, Dianne. We are better off as parents by giving our children cell phones for school so if anything happens they have a way to contact someone. It could be as simple as having to stay after school for something or missing the bus for some reason. When I was in college, our instructors started off the class by telling everyone to turn off cell phones or put them on vibrate and if they have to take a call, then to step outside of the room to take it.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
The schools in our area sometimes have lockdowns if there has been an escape from jail, or a store being robbed and the perps got away....etc. It would be nice to be able to talk to your children if needed during those times.

OR - if one parent was supposed to pick them up and there was a misunderstanding...it would be nice to be in communication.

Children by all means nowdays should have cell phones for safety sake! They should be on vibrate or silence during class and NOT ever seen during exams!!

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Sitcoms Website
Sitcoms Forum
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Hm... have any of you considered the health risks? There is a growing body of evidence that cell phone use can increase the risk of brain cancer. Children are at greater risk, because their bodies are still growing and developing.

My son didn't have a cell phone until this year -- and he's in college now. He has it ONLY to help us coordinate, and it is always turned off when he is in class.

If the cell phone is always turned off while in class -- I can find it acceptable. However, so often, even if that is the rule, it isn't the case. Then you get into a host of other problems. I think that, except in rare cases, there isn't a strong case for kids to have cell phones in k-12 schools.

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
At my school, they arent allowed, which sucks!!!!! But everyone does it, but if your caight your cell is put in that stupid safe and you have to have your parents come and get it. Thats IF you get caught. I never do!! When i get into highschool, no one will really care. Darci :)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Maeve Maddox-School Ref 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.