Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Are you on Facebook? Myspace? LinkedIn? Twitter?

If so, which one is your favorite? Have you reunited with old friends or schoolmates?

On Facebook, I have reconnected with a couple of different groups, one from a church I used to go to years ago. Found a whole group of them together and now a couple of us are texting each other.

If you would like to connect with any of the readers of this site, you are welcome to leave a link in the comment section, or send me a private message.

Post edited to add more social links.

Last edited by Edie - Mystery Books; 03/25/09 07:14 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
I am not on Facebook.... and I guess this dates me... but, do not plan on joining. A professor of my daughter's required that she join and I was not at all happy about that.

I know that a lot of people enjoy it, it's just not for me. (My daughter is still a member, but she says that she gets people who want to join her Facebook circle... people she doesn't even know!)

Last edited by DannaCozyMystery; 02/28/09 10:53 AM.
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I just joined when an old high school friend told me that I should -- that there were lots of alumni on Facebook and it was fun to connect. I had no idea it was for me. I thought Facebook and MySpace were for kids, or for single people looking to match. Boy, was I wrong. I've reconnected with many former friends, and have scheduled a reunion with those who still live close by. One friend told me he joined Facebook to find his birth family, and he did! I do think it's a bit odd, though, how much time these old high school friends have to banter about on Facebook. They go on many times throughout the day to tell everyone about the minute details of their day. That's going a bit too far, I think. It's neat to reconnect, but to spend that much time on a computer chatting with people that will probably always be second tier is not what I want out of it.

Tricia Krietzberg, Charity Editor
Charity Website
Charity Forum

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I don't hang there, but I did connect with a whole group of people I used to attend church with in another city. I haven't seen any of them for about five years and it's great to see all the little babies of the ones who were the older teens when I was there. They are now married with kids. Some of the adults are on the site also.

In these types of situations it's a lot of fun, but can be mis-used, I'm sure.

I also connected with a friend from high school and early married life who I had lost touch with.

Danna, I would imagine the professor meant well, but that should be a voluntary join don't you think? And yes, I have had people connect that I don't know. Those types of people I avoid.

Tricia, Sounds like you are having a great time. The reunion sounds like a blast. Yes, it can definitely be a time waster and I only allow myself early morning and late evening if at all.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I'm on there - we are getting ready for our 20 yr high schoo reunion, and it has been a blast!

The down side is that there are days when I hardly get anything donw, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I'm on Twitter -- Yoko Ono is following ME!!!!!! I also follow my sister and Jane Fonda.
Sheryl

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm on all of the above!! I like Twitter the best... slice of life. Pres. Obama is following me!! It's so cool.

D

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I am on LinkedIn and most recently Twitter and Facebook. With Facebook we have a reunion coming up to so I'm reconnecting with people I haven't seen since highschool so it's kind of fun for now, but it can be very addictive.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I use Twitter which then updates my other feeds like Facebook. That way I just have to put short blurbs about new articles and I'm set!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa, I think that's an excellent idea. Sure would save a lot of time. I've been so busy lately, Twitter is usually the only one I connect with. Having the feeds would definitely speed the marketing process.

For those on LinkedIn, I could use one more recommendation for my profile to be complete. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.