logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hi -- I have been making jewelry and learning new skills along the way. I feel confident with wire wrapping, stringing etc, so far. I have never taken an official class, though I had some experienced jewelry makers I knew give me some instruction, and I am so broke that all the classes are too expensive for me. Some friends gave me a gift certificate for a class at the 92nd St Y in New York which has great jewelry classes, I've heard. There are lots of new skills I want to learn, but since I can only take one class -- which will it be easier to teach myself and which would be better to take a course in: epoxy resin or precious metal clay? Thanks for the help!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
H
I can't really advise you on what classes to take, but I can in turn ask you these questions that might help you decide. What are you planning to do with the work you make? sell, give away or keep for yourself. How much money do I have to invest if I get hooked on the new technique. With the pmc there are some key tools that you will need to have to finish, like either a torch or kiln, burnishing tools, etc. When it also comes to expenses the pmc is also expensive to work with. Just my thoughts. I do play with pmc but I already had a kiln and most of the tools to work with it, so I wasn't faced with a lot of extraordinary expenses. I have used resin products for other things then jewelry and have a stash of that in my workshop too. If I can help anymore, just ask.

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.