logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#496674 02/23/09 06:49 PM
D
OP Offline
D
i am getting a divorce and my family wants me to stay in the house till the market changes so i could get some of my money back that i put down on the house like 70,000 to be exact. i have a first mortgage and a 2nd mortgage.. with the child support that my ex would pay and hopefully 1/2 of the 2nd.. this will leave me extremely hard on cash and struggling. i just dont know what to do. part of me wants to put on the market and get out and count my losses. but then when would it sell, and could i find something else and be able to finance myself . not tomention i am out of work on workers comp and got into a motor accident so i may get money not much but at least it would be something to put down.. what are others thought.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
First of all, hang in there.

I can't give you advice on what to do but I can share with you what I would do. If you have $70,000 invested in the house, that is a lot of money. When you know exactly how much you are going to be getting each month, think about refinancing both mortgages into 1 even if it means getting an FHA refinance loan. As long as your ex will be paying for at least 3 years, that can count as income. Workers comp is a little more tricky but a good lender can walk you through it. And FHA is the lender of choice these days. The rates are low right now and you may find that an FHA refinance is affordable for you. Your local bank can probably help you with an FHA loan and their fees will be reasonable.

I hope this helps you at least see another option.

Rosemary
Editor - The Home Ownership Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.