logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#493922 02/14/09 01:56 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hey folks - I'm a long time peep and member of the Childfree community and I have a question for you... What do you think of the word "childproof" in reference to the childfree community? Does it resonate or make you think of parents, rather than nonparents? I personally find the word quite catchy and in a way, I'm Childproof as a CFer. I ask because I'm creating something for the Childfree community and I thought of using that word in the name.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
There's actually a fiction book out with that name about the life path of a childfree woman and her experience with her husband who changes his mind once they are married a while and wants kids but she still doesn't.

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Nicki - I had wondered if there was a book but I didn't see anything in my search on Amazon (my quick search :) ). I've also googled to see if it is a word that is used within the CF community but I didn't turn up anything helpful. So what does everyone think - if something for you (an article, a news segment, a book, documentary, website, etc.) was called "Childproof" would that title resonate or would you think it was something for parents about childproofing their house?

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Well, my initial impression would be a parenting topic. "Childless" gives the feeling of wanting but not being able to have children. "Childfree" sounds like being free of children, with "freedom" having a positive image.

Just my thoughts. smile

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the feedback Lori.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I don't know actaully, when I saw the discussiontitle it kinda put me off, I wasn't interested, didn't make sense to me.. being on this Forum Board.. but then I got curious, because it is on this forum... so I guess depending on the factors surrounding the documentary, where it is presented... it may get lost, right next to "Shalome in the home"

Andso? #494439 02/16/09 05:10 PM
S
OP Offline
S
very helpful Andso...that's exactly what I was looking for...whether as a CFer, when you first see the word does it pull you in or pass you by. OK, I've made up my mind, I think I need to go with my gut and the limited feedback which tells me it's risky. I'll stick with "childfree".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.