Page 1 of 2 1 2
#494007 02/14/09 03:49 PM
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
This is the thread for our February Virtual Guild discussion.
This month, the discussion turns to using handspun yarns for knitting. While our primary focus remains on spinning, the main purpose of yarn is to use that yarn for making something else....which makes it logical to consider how handspun yarn behaves when it is used in knitting, especially since the goal of our Virtual Guild is planning and executing a project from start to finish.

Consider: Twist, though it may go dormant for a time, is always active. Since twist is always active, manipulating yarn causes changes in twist. Changes in twist can affect the way the yarn behaves when it's used for knitting. The whys and hows are here: [url=http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art42499.asp[url]

For more information on knitting in general and answers to specific knitting questions, please visit Bellaonline's knitting site at:
[url=http://www.bellaonline.com/site/Knitting[url]

Last edited by Llyn; 02/14/09 04:02 PM.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Thanks Llyn,

I knew that the direction of the twist affected a knitted garment, but not which direction had what affect on the knitting. Thanks for writing this information for us.

Nikki

L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Ok, I can't make the UBB coding work.
I have tried:

[link]www.the url[/link] the coding shows in the message but it does not make a live link.

[link]http://www.the url [/link] which gets me an error message

and
[url=http://www.theurl[/url] which also shows the coding but does not create a live link

So, what am I doing wrong? Anyone?

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Until I can get how to make the links work sorted out, please copy and paste the links given above.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Well, dran - why would it partially work in my message asking for help but not in the original message? Interesting.....
let's try it again and hope I can get my mouth held right this time.....

My article on Knitting with Hand Spun is here:
[linkBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Llyn - Spinning Editor
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Ok, one more attempt:

The article on knitting with handspun is here:

And Bellaonline's knitting site is here:
[url=http://www.bellaonline.com/site/knitting

If this doesn't work, I'm giving it up in favor of spinning.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
That only partially worked - The link for the knitting site take you to the main page, not the site. From the main page, click on "hobbies & crafts" and then on "knitting to get to the knitting site.

I do not know why the link to the article did not even appear. The coding seems very straight forward, yet I simply can not make it work. I apologize to all of our forum readers for this diversion into coding woes, but I have no where else to go to test whether I have it working or not.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Here is a working link to the article on knitting with handspun yarns:

bellaonline/site/spinning

And here is a link to Bellaonline's knitting site:
http://www.bellaonline.com/site/Knitting knitting

Last edited by Llyn; 02/14/09 09:28 PM.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Where do you recommend getting wool for spinning. I'm having some trouble finding some.

I did practice using yarn and now I know it was me not spinning correctly.

N
N
I would recommend CopperMoose. They have many different types of rovings and until you have a bit more experience you might feel more comfortable with a well know seller. ..Nikki

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.