Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Great advice, gorgeousred. So many well-meaning people tell you to let them know if you need anything but for so many us it is hard to "ask" for help so it is really nice when someone just picks a task and offers to do it (such as walking the dog). We had a dear friend who took over mowing the yard when I was going through cancer treatment. He showed up every Thursday morning and mowed. It was such a welcome relief not to have to worry about it.

Congrats on finishing treatment. Yea!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Just imagine yourself with a serious flu. When you lie there, couching, wheezing, aching - what do YOU wish for? Those are the same things you can/should assist your cancer friend with. Cooking, kids, pets, garden.... It's actually quite simple if you think about it in that way.

Adelle Ottavini, Cancer Editor
Cancer Website
Cancer Forum
I have had three cancer diagnosis. My "friends" all (as in every single one of them) stopped calling. No invitations. No offers to help. No checking in to see how I was doing. It was hard (impossible) to ASK for help from any of them - especially as the time became longer - so I basically went through all of that with my partner as my only support. She was fabilous. Now 10 years and 3 diagnosis later, we are just making new friends. It is wonderful that you are concerned enough to offer tangible support and trying to help in other ways as well. I would have loved to have you around when I was going through all those treatments. In addition to the physical issues I also had to deal with the pain and resentment of those lost "friends". You are invaluable to her in ways she may not even know - yet. Just being there for her is invaluable. Good for you!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am so shocked to hear about your (x) 'friends'!! Do some people think cancer is contagious?? Can human beings be so selfish as to run away from a friends' anguish? All I have to say is: 'Good riddens.....'. I am so sorry to hear you had to go through so much. Thumbs up to your partner!!! Good thing you moved on to new circles. May the best of friends befallen your path in future. I sincerely hope you-and-cancer are now done with one another?? Strongs!

Adelle Ottavini, Cancer Editor
Cancer Website
Cancer Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.