logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

I am very interested in what your favorite crochet hook is. The type of hook, the size of hook, the tip of the hook.

Which one or ones do you prefer and why.

I will start off by saying my favorite hook is a steel hook size J. I just prefer it more than any other because it fits my hand better, I like the size projects I can make with it and I like the tip. It is more the pointed tip.

I don't care much for the flat rounded ends. Seems like I miss stitches when inserting the hook when using that type end.

Ok that is what I prefer. I use them all but this is my favorite and it does show 30 years of use.

What hook or hooks do you prefer?

Linda Spangenburg, Crochet Editor
Crochet Website
Crochet Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
For a 'brand', I like Susan Bates brand because the hook is more defined, than the Boye hooks I have. The 'hook' is deeper to really hook onto and hold the yarn really well. I recently picked up a size Q hook (which is HUGE, LOL) to try an afghan or two with a gigantic hook. Most of the projects I have done (4 afghans & 3 womens tops) have used hooks G-H-I.

P
P
I love the clover gold crochet flat hooks plus their new steel ones.
I like the way I hold them
They are suppose to be better for you
I have carlpa tunnel thingy, I find I can crochet a bit longer with these. pinkrosesks

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I am so new to crochet that I didn't realize there was a significant difference between the different brand of hooks. Pinkroses - is "clover" the brand? Where do you buy it? I would like to try them to see if I can crochet longer with them as well.

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I love Crochet Lites !

P
P
HI Linda and all you crocheters out there. I have been thinking of which crochet hook is my favorite, :confused: hmmmmm. Lets see, I like the H and I for afagans. I like the G and H for all most anything. I like the 8 - 10 for size 20 and 30 thread. Now you ask which is my favorite. I don't think I have one. Now down to baby for NICU. I have a bunch of tiny hats. I just love crocheting them. So I will get out my bits of left overs, sit down put my feet up and crochet and watch a movie or sit in a Doctors waiting room filling time. Now what to do with them. They don't need them in the hospital in my town. I took some up but they don't deliver that many babies. Good to meet you all. Patsy

I only will use Susan Bates bamboo handled hooks. I have completely fallen in love with them! They are just the most comfortable hook I have ever had!

C
C
I have crocheted for almost 40 years and tried most of the different types. My son gave me a set of the Clover soft touch crochet hooks, and I absolutley enjoy working with them. I am told they are a bit pricey, but in my opinion they are well worth it.

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.