Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Here in Australia I belong to a group called Knit4charities it includes all crafts. We have a calender of charities for a year and you choose which you would like to make for to suit your interest. Some of these ask for knit or crochet bears called trauma teddies that are made for police and ambulance workers to give to child victims.One lady makes freeform dolls for a rape crisis centre,then there are uthando dolls made for aids children in africa,toys for animal shelters for cats and dogs. So the scope for small toys is quite large as there are lots more besides.
Mostly they have to be child safe and simple. Every November we make monster sock puppets for the childrens hospitals and they are a great hit,we can't make enough.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
jacquiw #491824 02/07/09 09:43 AM
OP Offline
Hello All,

So many great ideas to keep us busy and to help others.
Thanks for all the wonderful ideas and suggesstions.

Have a great weekend.

Linda Spangenburg, Crochet Editor
Crochet Website
Crochet Forum
C
C
[url=]http://www.operationhelpinghand-americanangels.com/crafts.htm [/url] American Angels send handmade items to deployed service members They also send heroghans to the families of fallen service members

Last edited by crochetlady4; 03/27/09 02:07 PM.
C
C

Last edited by crochetlady4; 03/27/09 02:08 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Linda,

I'm so sorry I didn't reply earlier, I just now read your post. By a funny coincidence I wrote my article this week on this very topic. You can see my article Dolls For charity.

I don't know of charities that do dolls specifically, but these difficult economic times provide many opportunities to create for others, in ways that may not have been needed before. I think ministries and food pantries would be the easiest way to go with fiber creations such as cloth dolls and crocheted clothes. Hospitals may have a problem with donated cloth items for their pediatric patients due to the difficulty of ensuring infection control with fabric. But it would certainly be worth a try. What child wouldn't welcome a soft friend during scary times?

I think your idea is a wonderful one, by the way, and would be a fun way to help others.

I will ask your question in the Doll Making Forum and see what responses I get back, I'll let you know.

T
Shark
Shark
T
I think once I get done with my 3rd baby blanket I am going to start a prayer shawl through my church's prayer shawl ministry.

I've also been looking at crocheting chemo caps? Never made a hat before so it would be interesting.

Michelle
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.