Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi, I just signed up this week too, I'm at

http://twitter.com/mommymystic

I plan to mostly twitter my BellaOnline Buddhist articles, and spirituality blog posts, but also occasionally other personal development/spirituality/Buddhism articles or posts that I find interesting...

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 01/25/09 02:17 PM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa,

I just left a response in another area about Twitter. I write for an article site and have had great response to the tweets that I have left there. It has been easier to track response on that site and I know Twitter has given me a large number of page views. I also leave info about my posts and forum comments for this site, but I don't have the means to track the response as well as the other site.

I think you will find, if there is any way to track day and approx. time, that you will get a lot of hits from Twitter. Might also depend on when you leave the tweets, and if you leave them more than once per day so others who come and go can see the tweet.

Last edited by Edie - Mystery Books; 02/05/09 08:01 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks so much for the guidance. I had been worried about tweeting the same link more than once, in case it would bother people. Twitter stills seems overwhelming to me - a couple people I am following tweet non-stop, but now I am hesitant to unfollow them, as they are 'friends of friends'. How silly! Social networking when you are kind of anti-social is not easy:-)

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa,

Many people leave multiple tweets re the same url. I think too many times in a row might turn some people off, but going in a couple times a day and seeing what works for you is good. Some people send one every fifteen minutes or so, because people usually just read the first page or two and it's easy to miss a tweet.

As far as unfollowing people, the more people that see your Tweet the better you are. When I as new at Twitter I thought about unfollowing a few people, but then I finally realized, at least I think, their people also see my tweet.

The power of Twitter is in the linking and being seen by as many people as possible. It took me a while to figure some things out about Twitter, and I don't think I have even scratched the surface.

I am rather anti-social also, and I like the fact that I am not out in public socializing. It's easier for me on-line, and even that took a while to break down my fear.

Good luck with Twitter. I am interested in hearing your results.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Lisa - I had to make a separate high volume feed for super-active Twitter people. That way I still follow them, but their post-every-2-seconds did not completely overwhelm my ability to follow other people's information.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
T
T
Hi.....I just followed those on this list that I didn't have already and my Twitter is: Teri_B

Also, I blogged about this a couple of weeks ago and you can find more twitterers you might be interested in at:
http: // www.sandtcreations.com/ wordpress / ?p=125

(be sure to remove all the spaces!)

I post only a few times a day. I will mention a new blog post, re-tweet things I read that I was interested in, and occasionally mention sales in my store, but I promise I won't overwhelm anyone <G>

Last edited by TeriB; 03/09/09 08:00 PM.
Tiger
Tiger
I highly recommend that you download Tweetdeck. It's a simple software that allows you to group the people you are following into categories i.e. BellaOnline editors, friends, business associates or whatever. It might take a day or two to get comfortable with it but it is totally worth it. It puts a little icon on my toolbar and desktop so it's easily accessible and I don't have open a browser for it. Here's the link to Tweetdeck - www.tweetdeck.com.

Here's the link to my twitter space - biggirlblue

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Sometimes I go for a couple of days without logging on to Twitter. I usually post about an article...occassionally about what I'm doing. Today I posted a couple of times. It all depends. I'm not really consistent, I really need to get better at it.
My user name is diawalker

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, I've been a bit quieter there too (InspiredWriting) - usually happens when Tweetdeck is not working! I'm lost without it - which app do you use?

I've put it on my other site Home Page - I think it looks nice, but not sure if it's a good idea.

Amoeba
Amoeba
My twitter name is HFiNews. cool

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.