Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#490185 02/01/09 09:36 PM
J
jenilyn Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Michelle, I was wondering what the Bella Online Launch manager's job is. I know you are writing for the Spirituality part, but do you manage all of the sites here? What exactly is your job description. Just curious. Thanks.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I actually write for both the Spirituality site (my heart site) and the scifi/fantasy movies site (my fun site)

But as the Launch manager, what I do is help train our new editors who are just getting started with BellaOnline.

They go through an initial training phase with a training editor, then 3 months of "Launch" which is basically a transitional phase where they still get help and guidance.

The forums are actually a small (but very important) part of BellaOnline. Each editor has a set of standards she/he must adhere to.

And then less officially, I try to put out fires before they get too big here on the forums. I love a good debate, but I don't like when they turn ugly and people start getting hurt. I like exchanging ideas - because I think we all can learn from each other, if we will only listen.

Whew! Are you sorry you asked me now, LOL! grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
jenilyn Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Very interesting. Do you actually know Bella? How did you get this job? You don't have to answer immediately. I am just being a little nosey...:)

Elephant
Elephant
BellaOnline.com is owned by a wonderful woman named Lisa. She owns Minerva WebWorks LLC, which then owns BellaOnline. We don't call the site Bella because there is a Bella.com out there and we wouldn't want to infringe on their rights.

I have been here 4.5 years now. Michelle has been here forever. like her, I have written for many different sites and it is a wonderful thing we have here. It helps us develop our writing skills and also helps us grow as people. We are not paid here. This is all done voluntarily. The ads on the site are used to help cover the expenses of having the site and the rest goes to charity.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #490445 02/02/09 06:31 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I moved this over here because it didn't have much to do with the Republican forum, but I thought it was a neat ubject to talk about.

It kind of hit me that we never really talk about what BellaOnline.com IS. And some people that frequent the forums might not make it over to our web-magazine side of things, which is where an editor's 1st priorities lie.

The website BellaOnline was originally started in 1999, but went bankrupt and had to shut down in 2001. Lisa Shea at that time was a hired writer for the site, not the owner.

But when the site went dead, Lisa got the rights to it, and built it back up from scratch. Instead of hiring writers, she brought on editors as volunteers. We get great training and experience here (as well as being part of a wonderful community). Many of our editors have goen on to be published authors - newspapers, magazines, even some novels. And some of the editors have been with Lisa since the very beginning.

Like Jase said, Lisa does a TON of community service projects and donates a tremendous amount to charity. Here is a list of Charities Supported by BellaOnline.com

If anyone is ever interested in becoming an editor for BellaOnline.com, then check out these two articles for how to apply, and to see what topics are open for applications. Becoming an Editor for BellaOnline.com
Available Topics at BellaOnline.com

As to the name "BellaOnline.com"- "bella" means beautiful [woman implied] in Italian. I am assuming that is where the original name came from.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.