Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello all,

this weeks article is How to Embroider Faces on Cloth Dolls.

Enjoy!

I'd love to see pictures of the faces on your dolls, please share with us here in the forum.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Very good article, Helen! I usually embroider my doll's faces and really enjoy it. On very small dolls, I do not embroider the nose, just put two small dots with a marker or acrylic paint.

Thanks!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thank-you Phyllis. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

I also don't embroider the nose on very small dolls. Usually, if the doll is very small I leave out the nose completely.

P
P
I enjoyed that.
I have a sewing/ emboridery machine by Janome 9500
You can buy those faces to do on the machine; but the cards are so expensive.
I am wondering;
Why they don't make hot transfers like the Aunt Marthra ones.
That would be nice. pinkroses

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
It would be nice, and thanks for the complement. smile

You gave me a good idea, pinkroses. The pattern to embroider the face on my bear doll design would also be a good choice for a bunny doll. You can find that design Here.

For anyone who needs a pattern to follow for embroidering faces on cloth dolls, Look Here. This pattern is a good one for a little girl face.

I hope this helps anyone who needs to embroider the face on a doll.

N
N
Hi,I am new here. I have made a doll and finished it at the beginning of this year. It had no hair or face but I have decided to put hair and a face on the doll and send it to a charity(Softies for Miriabel Foundation) it is dressed in boys clothes but it could be a girl as well just change the clothing. I was wondering as well has anybody made yo yo toys, I have and love them. They told me to put wadding in them which I have, but I was wondering if some sort of soft rubber would work better for babies. I was thinking that little fingers would pull at the wadding so the toys with the wadding would be more for older children. Here is apicture of my yo yo toys.[img]http://www.craftymamas.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=494[/img]

Last edited by narrawallee; 10/31/09 02:58 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Narrawallee,

Thanks for including the photo link, I didn't know what a yo yo toy was! They are very cute. I teach at a preschool, in an infant class and I can tell you that EVERYTHING gets put in their mouths. It's how they play with toys, by mouthing them. So soft rubber would be a good idea. Just make sure anything you put in your toys is machine washable. Our toys get washed about weekly, sometimes more often.

Also, the antennae on the toy with the green face looks like they might be pipe cleaners, if so leave them off a baby toy. If the dog ears are felt, make sure you stitch around the outside edge, otherwise the babies will chew and shred it and get pieces of the felt in their mouth.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Helen Doll Making Editor; 10/31/09 08:12 AM.
N
N
Yes it is a pipe cleaner I was thinking about taking that off when I send it to the charity. I didn't think about the felt at all now you have got me thinking thank you. I would like to make some more not for anybody just because I think they are very cute.

Moderated by  Helen Doll Making Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.