Have you ever had one of those days when your kids made you so mad, but a short time later they had you laughing in a wonderful family "together" moment?

Yesterday morning after my daughter left for school. I found out that she had overdrawn her bank account by $133. Then an hour after I got to work, I received an email from her teacher that she didn't finish her AP History test and failed the midterm (she is normally an A student). Then my 12 year old called me when he got home from school to tell me that he had asked this girl out (what?!?), I had a horrible day at work and when I walked in my front door, my oldest, who has his own apartment, was there and they were all yelling at each other. I was SO MAD at the 3 of them.

Then they all started telling funny stories about who had given me the hardest time when they were growing up so about 15 minutes later I was all better, including a lively debate on when I had to cover my son's overdraft one time when he first opened a bank account.

This is one of those single parent moments that I hold so dear when we have this family time and laugh and it helps me to say..."hey I didn't do so bad". What seemed so hard back then, we can laugh and fondly remember now. These are childhood memories that their father won't have, but I do and I feel blessed and thankful.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon