Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#484648 01/13/09 04:23 PM
T
Tallons Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi all..My brother has adopted a baby from Korea..He and his wife are esctatic! The problem though is her family is giving her problems because she's white, my brother is Hispanic and the baby is Asian! What can I say to her as some words of inspiration?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
This honestly devastates me. It's funny that we're discussing this because there's movie or there was a movie somewhere on TV about mixed marriages..Not sure if it aired though..Going to try to find some more info on it..Anyone else seen commercials?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My children are biracial, and my grandson is Spanish, i'm white,
My adopted brother is Chinese. We all get along just fine. Its the ignorant people on the outside that have a problem.
Tell your brother & his wife to just be happy.

Rosie L
Redlipstick, is this it????? BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Tallons!

That's so exciting for your brother and his wife!

I'm sorry they are getting some negative comments, especially from her own family. Sadly, that happens more often than not.

Is their baby home yet? The reason I ask, is because in some cases, people who have certain feelings (as it seems they have expressed) take one look at their new grandchild, and the next thing you know they are telling everyone about how great adoption is, how wonderful their new grandchild is, etc.

Others, however, sadly, may continue to make comments even after a baby is home. My advice for your sister in law is to surround herself with supportive friends and family, period!

I'm not saying she should avoid her family completely, but it's perfectly ok to put a little distance if they are not going to be supportive.

A friend of mine said that as soon as her child starting picking up on some of the comments made here and there, it was much easier to put that distance there, and focus on the supportive people in their life.

I'm so happy they have you and your family's support!

Please let us know if there have been any changes since your post! Oh, and is it a boy or a girl? smile

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Really, these people are small-minded. Haven't they learned anything from history? Prejudice and racism are so yesterday. The new world order will be one of global integration and that includes ethnic blending whether by blood or love or both.

She can tell people with a smile, "We celebrate diversity. God loves us one and all."

As for the racial confusion, it just isn't so. Barrack Obama is a good example of this. He was not raised in a black community. He had a loving white grandmother. He did not have any racial confusion. My black cousin was adopted by my Japanese uncle when he married the child's mother. He got double looks because of his Japanese last name but thought it was funny.

Race is a problem if you allow it to be. It may have been a problem in the past because there were a lot more closed minds. There still are closed minds around but not as many. The problem lies within those igorant minds.

Congratulations to your brother and his family!

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.