logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
It a matter of opinion when human life begins, fact is though that an unborn baby is in a womans body and everyone should have control over their own body!! I can't see the difference between the decission to have an abortion and the decission not to donate your blood or second kidney or lung to some distant relative, who you've never met, in order to save their lives.

Both involve a decision relating to one's own body which will decide whether another person lives or dies but no one would dare call someone who doesn't donate a murderer.

I know a lot of people will prabably think that there is no comparison between these two but its no more of a leap than to call abortion murder

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Pro-choice means recognizing that women have the right to say if and when they will bear children & demanding that this right be respected. Pro-choice means exactly what it sounds like - it is about 'choice' in the true send of the word.

There are many who believe life begins at conception. If this is true - i ask you all here - if life begins at conception - does this also mean the fetus can survive outside the woman's body on it's own as a wholly separate life? No - it cannot. Medical sites state that survival of the fetus CAN occur after 20 wks (5 months) but is totally subject to the care of the medical profession. Most often when a pregnant woman is having issues with her pregnancy - the fetus can be delivered at 28 weeks which is 7 months. MOST abortion clinics will not proceed with an abortion after 20 weeks - unless of course there is a medical issue and/or problems.

I have researched this issue of life beginning at conception - and i have heard people regard the fetus as an insect. Up to 11 weeks of pregnancy it is in an embryonic stage. At the 12th week (or 3 months) it is generally the size of a goose egg and the placenta has formed. The fetus on average is 3 1/2" long and weighs approximately 2 oz. Fingers and toes can be seen when doing an ultrasound. Between the 14-16th week is when the brain is developed and the fetus can be seen sucking, swallowing and breathing.

Most medical professions have stated that unless the fetus is viable (able to live outside the mothers womb) which potentially happens after 28 weeks with the medical assistance we have in this day and age to sustain life - but what are the dangers of bringing a child into the world at this point?

I guess what i wanted to say is this. Pro choice is about choices. Everyone has their 'right' to their own decisions in their lives and i believe what pro-choicers believe - it is our human right as a woman to make those choices - free from the government or the medical profession telling us we cannot.

If we took away our right to choose - what would happen to the many who choose to still get an abortion - but illegally. If we take away that option - how many women will die because they got a back-alley abortion? There are many sites that you can research of pro-life advocates who say as a pro-choice woman - i am killing a child. I am for life - i am for choice - and i am for a woman choosing to make that decision. We should not have to 'walk in someone's shoes' to understand the complexity of the decision to have an abortion - NO ONE gets to decide that except for the individual.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.