logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
As the new editor of the Desserts site, I'd like to get a feel for your needs. Are there any specific desserts want to make? Are you interested in quick and easy desserts, desserts using convenience foods, or would you like recipes for gourmet desserts?

I'd love to hear from you soon.

Karen Hancock, Desserts Editor
Desserts Website
Desserts Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I'd love to have a recipe for a chocolate torte!

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Cherries Jubilee.............my late husband used to make it. It is really easy (but then again - I didn't make it)and makes you look like a gourmet!!!

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Susan,

I have several chocolate torte recipes that I plan to post on the site. Here are two of my favorites:

Chocolate Decadence Torte
16 Servings

Cake
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup hottest tap water
1 teaspoon baking soda

1 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk

Ganache
2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or use chocolate chips)
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
3 tablespoons light corn syrup

1/4 cup chocolate liqueur, or chocolate coffee syrup

Cake: Preheat oven to 350�. Spray 2 9" round cake pans with Baker's Joy (or grease and flour).
Cream the butter and sugars; add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and chocolate; mix well. Stir in the flour and salt. Mix the hot water and baking soda and add to the batter; stir until smooth. Pour into the prepared baking pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched and the cake has left the sides of the pan. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each layer and invert onto a cooling rack. Let cool thoroughly.
Filling: Mix the pudding mix and the milk in the blender until smooth, scraping the sides once. Pour immediately into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
Ganache Glaze: Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwaveable container. Microwave 3 minutes, then remove from the microwave and let sit 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth and thick, then whisk in the corn syrup. Let sit at room temperature until it thickens but is still thin enough to run down the sides when poured over the top. If it becomes too thick before using, microwave 10 seconds and stir.
Assembly: split the cake layers and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the liqueur evenly on each of the cut sides.
Place the top of one of the layers face down on a serving plate; spread with half of the pudding. Top with the bottom of the layer.
Spread a thin layer of ganache over the cake, then place the bottom of the remaining layer on the ganache. Spread the remaining pudding evenly, then top with the final layer. Press the layers down a little so that they stick together. Scrape off any pudding that oozes out of the sides.
Pour the remaining ganache over the top of the torte, allowing the mixture to run down the sides. With an offset spatula, smooth the ganache around the edges and over the top.
Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Cut into wedges and serve with sweetened whipped cream.

Simply Lovely Fudge Raspberry Torte

8 Servings

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup raspberry jam

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325�. Line an 8" springform pan with parchment, then butter the parchment.
Cream the butter with the sugar until light; add the egg yolks and mix well. Stir in the flour, salt, chocolate, and vanilla and mix well.
Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold them into the batter.
Spread about 1/4 of the batter over the bottom of the dish; spread the jam on top, spreading not quite to the edges. Cover with the remaining batter.
Bake until the surface of the pie feels firm, but the texture feels soft, about 30 minutes. Do not overbake.
Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff. Pipe onto the cake.
Note: for a 10" springform pan, double the ingredients and bake 45 minutes.

Karen Hancock, Desserts Editor
Desserts Website
Desserts Forum
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Oh........then there is chocolate creme brulee........

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I am looking for an old Napolean cake receipe. This is a multi layered vanilla cream cake. Its either Russian or German.

V
V
OOOH that sounds like one I'd like to see also!!

Gecko
Gecko
Here's a great recipe for a Russian Napoleon..
Napoleon Recipe by GroupRecipe

Chef Catherine Bridges
Sandwiches @ Bellaonline
Mom, wife, chef and writer!
D
D
Yes! I would love a recipe for Italian Butter cookies... at least that is what I think they are. those cookies in the bakery with the mysteriously lucious smell that are a swirl with a cherry on top, or long with the end dipped in chocolate... sort of a cross between spritz and shortbread... a little I guess sandy feel, but soft. Not the flavor of butter or almond- but something else! I guess they are pipped into whatever shape desired and topped accordingly.

Last edited by Dolce; 01/05/09 01:49 AM.
L
L
Actually the Napoleon recipe is of French origin.
"Google" by typing in "frenchpastrychef.com". They have a detailed recipe and picture. Listings are on the LH side of the site. Look under *small cakes* and click on Napoleon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Karen - Desserts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.