Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
I am going to try a new subject here in the forum - fragrance recipes. For the people that are experimenting with fragrances and making their own soaps, candles, perfumes, etc, I will be listing some to try.

Keep in mind we do not all like the same things. You may want to adjust some of the fragrances to your liking.

Example: Perhaps I have 5 drops of patchouli with 3 drops of vanilla. You may want that the other way around. Feel free to experiment.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
** This recipe uses vodka**

Need:
sprayer bootle or atomizer
funnel

1/4 cup vodka
1 tablespoon rosewater
10 drops rose fragrance oil
5 drops sandalwood fragrance oil
3 drops vanilla fragrance oil

Place all ingredients in the spray bottle, let sit for about 4 hours. Spritz on and enjoy!

Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
Try putting together the following fragrance oils:

5 drops of white tea
5 drops of freesia
5 drops of sandalwood
2 drops of vanilla

Great for soap..........

Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Robin, Id love to try this, was that freshly brewed white tea?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
They are all fragrance oils

Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

N
N
Don't be afraid to experiment with any of these fragrance recipes.

Recipe #1 Arabian

3 drops of coriander oil
1 drop of Frankincense oil
3 drops of Juniper oil
4 drops of Orange oil

Recipe #2

1 drop Frankincense oil
4 drops Grapefruit oil
3 drops Rosemary oil
2 drops Spearmint oil

Recipe #3 Cologne

3 drops lemongrass oil
10 drops lavender oil
10 drops lime oil

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Do these home recipes stay fresh? How long? Do they ever mold? I know I sound like I don't know anything. That's because I know nothing about creating fragrances. smile

R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
It depends on what you put them in.

If you put any fragrance oil in potpourri, you WILL have to refresh it later. That time span will always be up to you. When you feel it no longer has the scent you want, spray more oils on it to refresh.

Sachets are about the same amount of aroma time as potpourri. Now, if you make sachets that open and close with a drawstring; you can always dump the insides, wash the sachet cloth and refill it when it is dry.

With potpourris and sachets - they are "out in the open" more, therefore lose their scent easier and faster than those items that stay more closed and contained.

Perfume, body spray, linen spray, etc that stays in a bottle, should keep its' aroma for a very much longer span of time.

Soap and candles should keep their fragrance a while as well. Perhaps not as long of a span as the bottled items, but very difinitely longer than potpourri and sachets. It is the same for any fragranced soap and candles you already have.

Oils that you keep in bottles, until you are ready to mix and put in lamp rings, oil burners, etc - they should keep for a very long period of time.

Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
thank you Robin. Are these oils readily avaiable in craft or health food stores? This is very interesting!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
I have found fragrance oils at Walmart. The ones I get at Walmart are like 2 ounces for $1.97 - they are good for oil burners and to make your own reed diffusers. They can also refresh potpourri, but you will have to do it more often as they are a little weaker in scent.

www.wellingtonfragrance.com sells fragrance oils and I did a review on their site. I like the customer service and what they sell. Now - they have a lot of "plain" fragrance oils like sandalwood, patchouli, anise, heliotrope, geranium, ginger, ylang-ylang, pink peppercorn, etc so that you can build your own fragrances. They also have some premade fragrance mixes.

When purchasing fragrance oils for soap, bath, body - make sure they are for that exact purpose. Some fragrance oils sold are just for inclusion in candles or to place in oil lamps, etc and not to be used in any body product.

Essential oils can be used WITH a base - like almond oil, grapeseed oil, etc. Never use essential oils on the skin directly - they are too strong. Also - check on the oil you want to use. Some women that are pregnant, have epilepsy, etc need to stay away from certain essential oils. (That is why I like to stick with fragrance oils)

You can find oil bases in wholesale and health food stores. They may be a little on the expensive side -(but should be under $10)- and they last a long while.

You can try Micheals, Joann's, and other craft places like Pearl if they are still around.

Last edited by Robin - Fragrance Editor; 01/04/09 03:08 AM.

Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.