Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Preparing a budget is hard. Sticking to it can be even harder. Even with the best of intentions, it is hard when you plan for a $100 gas bill and it comes in at $179 like mine just did. Anyone else with budget problems?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I use an Excel Spreadsheet myself. Pretty much stays the same except CC Amount (payoff every month, I am Deadbeat)

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Dataman aka SteveD
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I have to admit, my budget has always looked GREAT on paper - but in "real life"........something happens.

Got to watch it more carefully and do things better.

Maybe start actually going to the ATM and getting out cash. Put certain amounts in envelopes marked: Gas, Food, Eating out, etc and when it is gone - that's it.

I just hate to carry cash...

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Mine looks great on paper and in excel, but I always seemed to be dipping into my savings every month.
I tried the ATM thing for cash, but I had to slap my own hand because I ended up taking out "extra" lol just in case and end up wasting the money. I must say I've gotten MUCH better recently though and last month I actually didn't touch my "savings" at all. I almost had a party :-)
The lower gas prices DEFINITELY help, instead of $60 to fill my tank it's only about $20 now.

Dataman, how do you keep your costs consistent every month? That's terrific!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Gecko
Gecko
I do my budget on an Excel Spreadsheet and give myself an allowance for cash each week. (can't and shouldn't charge everything) If I am charging I use my Debit card rather than my Credit card and use it as a credit and not debit so as not to acquire any fees. This way it is actually coming out of my checking (just remember to record it) Works for me.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Do you keep your allowance the same every week? When my daughter was opening her bank account I remember the rep telling us why using the card as credit was better than debit, I just couldn't remember why.
I think for me, it was getting out of the "ease" of using my debit card when I didn't have the cash on hand. When the "budget" became tight, I finally started looking at it differently. Now, if I could just teach my daughter, we would be good. She has found out that all fast food restaurants take debit cards and that she can use her debit card to buy a soda at the store...oh the horrors...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

The above post is from the COLD FILES.

It may help someone today or have additional comments.

Enjoy smile

Career Aptitude Test
Career Change
Career Coaching Training
Career Counseling

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I always made sure to spend money that I did have and so far it has worked. Also yes I still live with my parents (it helps me save money but it is costing me my soul and my sanity) but when I will live on my own I will make sure to end up in a place with a low rent with electricity and everything else is included in the rent so there will be no surprises. Also some of my savings will be set aside so if there are any emergencies then I will have money for it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.