Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#463262 10/26/08 03:38 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hi!
Is this a card game or dominoes? Is it hard to learn? I got invited to a Halloween party and they're going to be playing this.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Sheryl T #463272 10/26/08 04:26 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
It's a dominoes game, and tons of fun! Very easy to learn and folks who play it are used to teaching newbies, so I wouldn't stress about it. Careful though, it's totally addictive, and put aside $30 or so cause you'll be online trying to buy your own set after the party. Fundex has the best one...

Have fun!

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
So it's not played with regular dominoes?

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sheryl T #463420 10/27/08 03:36 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I'm thinking it probably could be played with a regular set of dominoes, but there is a "centerpiece" of sorts that you use, and little trains (which aren't just decorative...the trains go on and off the track when you can play and can't play). It sounds corny, I know, but it's really fun!

R
R
Okay, that totally sounds like fun. I've seen it around for years but I usually play Americanized Euro games (which tend to have themes strong enough to detract from the abstract design of the game) so I never looked into it. Love that it actually has little trains! I'm not one to underestimate the added fun-factor of great chrome in boardgaming.

Real Tweet

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
My mother just taught it to me while visiting for a Birthday Bash at my house. I didn't have the Mexican Dominoes set so we played with my regular dominoes, but I got the idea. It was a blast. I'm going to pick up the actual set the first I get a chance.

S
S
I have a question you can probably answer if you just learned. We played and couldn't remember how who and when you started the train. I know that each player has their own track to travel, that if they can't play on they put a train on and others can play on it until the train comes off. We wondered - domino is the start of the train?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My MIL got me hooked on this game. Her set goes up to 12 so, to start the game we have to draw dominoes, one at a time, until someone draws the double 12. It gets put in the center and each person starts their train with a 12.

On the next round it's the double 11 that starts. Each new round starts with the double of the next lower number.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I didn't know that was what the game was called. We have always enjoyed dominoes and that is the way we play.

Angie #487680 01/24/09 04:29 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
We play that whoever has the highest double puts it in the center of the game piece and then also goes first. Then they have, conceivably, the first shot at starting the mexican train as well, so it's a big advantage going first.

So if no one has the 12, it's the 11, then 10 and so on. Then everyone has to rearrange their tiles if it isn't 12...lol.

I know some people play with the descending start tile, but we always start with 12 if someone has it.

Nicki

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.