Next Thread
Print Thread
#465735 11/04/08 08:06 PM
N
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
N
Which of the current top-10 girl names is your favorite?

The top ten, btw, includes Abigail, Ava, Elizabeth, Emily, Emma, Hannah, Isabella, Madison, Olivia, and Sophia.

(...And, if you have a least favorite, which is that? Why?)

Favorite Top 10 Girl Name?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/04/08 08:06 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
My favorite is Isabella. So sad the popularity got to this one... As it is now unusable (as is another love, Arabella due to the similarity, I think).

Hmm, come to think of it I also love Elizabeth, so many wonderful nn options; and i'm not usually a nn-er! Eliza is my fave... But Elizabeth is a family name for me, and will be one of my first DD's middle names!

My least favorite would be... Madison.

It is a boy name. It ends in SON for heavens sake! I am NOT a fan of boys names on girls. With VERY few exceptions... So this just saddens me.

Last edited by Loquita Anita; 12/20/08 01:36 AM.

Anita full time student, name-nerd, and single teen mommy to Donovon Cole Michael
B
B
Definitely Isabella. I really love Spanish names. Must be something about the Spanish language that makes everything sound slightly dark and mysterious. She really stands out on this list. The popularity of Sophia and Olivia have caused them to lose any exotic flair they once might have had. Will Isabella go the same way? I'm somewhat drawn to Abigail, but I prefer the less common Abilene which sounds prettier to my ear. Not that keen on the rest.

Baby Name Brainstorm ~BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
B
B
I love Sophia, Emily is also good

Fun Boy Baby Name Quiz - BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
J
J
I love Ana and oliva i like mosr

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Most: I have to say my favorite is Sophia, since my name is derived (or a variation) of it. I think it's been some time since it was widely used. I was glad to see that so many regular names are on the list again.

Least: I never was in favor in naming children unusual names. It was mentioned above that Madison is a boy's name. I think Madison is a location name or a last name - and not anyone's first name. Most states have a city, county, river, etc. named after that President - why name a child that. I always want to say "Which Madison were you named after?".

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
I like the name Ava. its simple but yet you get this picture inside your head of a little blonde girl with pig tails. I want to name one kids this its so..........proper....i live in a small town a name like that makes the kid have a name everyone knows.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.