Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MsMae Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I've been looking for the instructions for a crochet pattern for a certain design since I saw it years ago at one of my Aunt's. She didn't know because someone had given it to her. Just lately I found a pattern in a book of potholders. First, you make a mesh background. Make a ch. the length you want your potholder. Dc in 8th st from hook, *ch 2, sk 2 ch, dc in next ch and repeat from * across. You ch 5, dc in next dc and repeat in pattern til desired size of potholder. Here comes the problem. The next part one dcs over the ch2 and dcs of background cloth. I thought one started by doing 4dc around one side of the middle square then 4dc around a ch2 sp (not the next side but one going away from the center block). Then one continued around the second block covering the sides till coming back to it's start. Then you covered the second side of the center block, then went around the block at the second corner of the second block. One works around the blocks in this manner using different colors of thread for different rows.

I'm sure it sounds really confusing. But the pattern works up very pretty and is very thick so is more of a hot pad than holder.

If someone out there can possible recognise this from my description I would really appreciate hearing your take on the pattern.

Thanks so much,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
The only kind of crocheted potholder that I remember was one that was made with a tab that had a buttonhole style opening to loop it over the oven door handle. You could crochet a similar top to a dish towel and give them as a set.

M
MsMae Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm really interested in the vintage look. And it's like I've returned to my terrible twos, I want to make everything myself.

I had an Aunt that used to cut kitchen towells in half and sew "SunBonnet Sue" bonnets on the top with a button and strap to hang on the refrigerator or oven door. I hadn't thought of them for a long time. Thanks for helping me remember.

Sincerely, Glenda

Gecko
Gecko
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

N
N
Thank you for your pattern!
I like crochet patterns from this site www.mypicot.com
All the patterns are free. They propose to post photos and draw schemes to the new pattern. Perhaps it would be helpful.

Gecko
Gecko
WOW, thanks for posting that. I can't wait to see what they will be adding in the future.

Gecko
Gecko
The snowflake patterns on mypicot were really cute. I love small projects and those would make wonderful Christmas happies for teachers and neighbors.

M
MsMae Offline OP
OP Offline
M
This is exactly the pattern I was wanting. Thanks so much. I'm so upset with myself I didn't get back sooner to check. Still I have a little time before Christmas to get some, well maybe one done for a Christmas gift. Thanks again.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have seen this potholder on another forum but don't have the pattern. There is a method to its madness but I couldn't figure it out if I tried. I do know you go in sections as you change colors. Hope this helps

WHEN IT RAINS, LOOK FOR THE RAINBOW
C
C
Thank you for posting the link . . .I have two of these my grandmother crocheted. (and used - and I used them so they are worn out) I would love to make some!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.