Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
As rooms go a 12' x 6' room is pretty small. Too small to be a bedroom. So what would you do with a room that has 2 windows and a door leading into from a hallway?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
When we bought our old house this room was called a "sewing room." There are no hall closets so at one point we made it a large walk-in closet with a giant hanging rack. But I don't have a lot of clothes so it seemed like waisted space. Then at one point we actually squeezed a single twin-size bed in there, but there just wasn't enough room to move around so we moved the bed back out. It felt like if we had a guest over it would be like "go to the closet." Then we finally settled...we went to Lowes and bought two huge 6 foot tall plastic storage units that are 4 feet wide and about 3 feet deep. So now it's a storage room for extra linen, bedspreads, Christmas decorations, keepsake stuff, like old photos and my wedding dress, etc. Turned out good.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 12/12/08 10:58 PM.
Koala
Koala
If you had small children it might have made a nice little toy room, but I know my grandchildren can reduce a space to rubble in minutes so that might not have been a good idea! If you love to read you could put an overstuffed chair and lamp and have a nice quiet place to read...or maybe a little office.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
G
Shark
Shark
G
We turned our small room into an exercise room. It just barely holds a treadmill and a total gym. There is a TV up on the wall with a DVD player and a shelf with a boom box and a few DVD's as well.

Gayle Santana
Coffee Editor
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
Bookshelves all around with the exception of a desk or a computer hutch - voila - a library/writing room.

Last edited by Robin - Fragrance Editor; 12/13/08 10:41 AM.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
We've been planning on building me a "migraine room" whenever we get a new house. This would probably be about the right size. Although I really wouldn't want windows - I'd probably use blackout drapes or even paint them over to kill the light.

A small bed and table to hold a glass of water and my medicines.

I actually got this idea from a friend of mine who used an inner closet for her migraine room. No lights, noise, or kids.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
Shark
Shark
C
My suggestion is to figure out what tasks/activities you would be comfortable doing in that room, then, go from there.

For me, I usually ask, "Where is this room relative to our common areas(den/kitchen/front door)?" I ask because I don't like to do projects in a room that doesn't have a view of our common areas. When I'm "purposing" a room, I like to ask myself whether I'll actually USE it for that purpose. If I feel cut-off from the rest of the house in a particular room, it's best use will probably be for sleeping or, maybe, reading or laundry! For example, I know I won't use certain rooms for bill paying regardless of how nice a set-up I give myself in those rooms.

Any of the ideas from other people (above) would be good--IF you can see yourself being comfy using your room one of those ways. The migraine room is particularly creative!! smile I used to suffer migraines until my doctor put me on a blood pressure medication, so, I can truly relate!

cela
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I would make it a computer room/writing room.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
I like the computer room idea. Use a laptop and you save even more room. (small office)

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I definitely like the library / writing room idea - somewhere quiet, cozy, where you can read and think!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.