logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Michelle that was great. I am 59 and have a long history of gun stories:)

But you or your ex are right. My hub says too the scariest sight is a woman with a shotgun pointed at you.

Of all the guns we have had I was always most likely to grab my youngest son's junior size (I'm 5'2") 20 gauge shotgun when I was afraid, in a remote area, alone at the house and a stranger showed up.

One of the old timers (Absorokas) gave me a .357 cause he said if I ever aimed, I should plan to kill. But it was funny I still always grabbed the little shotgun.

And years later I still hear, there is nothing more intimidating than a woman with a shotgun:)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I dont' know about a shotgun. I am looking at getting a new glock 19 or 21. My army friend said to get the 21 ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
J
J
This is to whoisjohngult. You are right about Obama. I have heard that from more than one source. Actually, people are really afraid of what he is going to do and what will happen if the economy fails..people from Mexico are here illegally and have caused some people to be frightened as well for there safety. Crime is up and when things get tight with the economy people start looking at ways to protect their families and homes and themselves. I don't think it is the best way, but who knows how long Jesus will tarry...I still would rather go out as a martyr than killing someone unless in self-defense only. But there are many people who are buying guns because of Obama.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: jenilyn
But there are many people who are buying guns because of Obama.

I'm not sure they are buying solely because of Obama. I think it has to do with many reasons; the economy being down - so crime rates go up, and people get scared, so want to protect themselves. The economy is down so people buy rifles because they are actually hunting to supplement their food, not just for sport. And then just the general panic thast occurs during an economic crisis and any time of change we have.

I'm sure there are some who ARE buying because of the change in the presidency, but he's not the only reason.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
P
P
Tiger, I agree with your views 100%. My hubbie and I live in the country and that cha-ching of the shotgun has made me feel safe on two occasions, both being snot-nosed kids trying to rip us off. When the brats saw my hubbie with that they indeed dropped back and ran. Another time I came home to find two young men in my house! My poor old yellow lab was cowering in the corner. The bullies hit him. Fortunately they did not have guns or did not show them. They ran out of the house when I pulled in the driveway. After ole yeller died, I got a German Shepard. She is only three, but already she has scared off two more groups of snot-nosed kids wanting to rip me off. Good Girl! I used to be against guns mostly because I was afraid of them and had never been around them. My hubbie however hunts and has several handguns, rifles, a shotgun. I have a handgun passed down from my father and a derringer loaded and ready for the next punks. I am not afraid of guns any longer because my hubbie taught me how to respect them and believe me I will not hesitate to use them if I am threatened. Oh, by the way I am a Democrat and all the Democrats I know have guns and believe in the right to bear arms. I honestly don't know where people get the idea that Democrats are against guns. OK so Rosie O'Donnel is a Democrat and hates guns but believe me the majority of Dems do not want any kind of limits on gun purchases. I believe that this is a rumor started by the gun selling folks to get sales up for guns as well as ammo. If any Dems group tried to restrict or take away guns, I would protest and so would all my Democratic friends. And believe me we all bleed blue. I would never give up my right to protect myself from snot-nosed kids trying to steal my stuff!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.