Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
Share your money saving tips and stories with fellow members and readers. We�re all looking for new and creative ways to stretch our dollars: grocery savings, coupons, energy saving cooking ideas, saving money on auto rentals or purchases, etc.

If you have a specific interest or question, please don�t hesitate to post it!

I have noticed the proliferation of coupon websites. Usually, you have to become a member and I'm pretty reluctant to join. Couponmom looks interesting. I'm curious to know if anybody utilizes coupon websites. What has been your experience?

Reshma Vyas, Home Finance Editor
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I have found that companies thrive on feedback. If you like a product, sent them quick email to let them know, if you have a complaint, let them know as well, but put a somewhat positive spin on it, such as "I have found your product is usually a quality product, however..." Even companies that consistently put out quality products can have problems from time to time, and most will be more than willing to make up for it.

I have gotten lots of for free or money off coupons in the mail in this manner.

Also, don't be afraid to haggle for things, such as cable services. With multiple companies vying for your business, look at all the available plans available in your area, then start making phone calls. Start with the highest price and let them know you have a better offer from company b. Keep working in this manner until you have your lowest price, AND your shortest contract, or even better, none at all.

R
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
R
Those are all wonderful suggestions, Sarah! I particularly like the idea of contacting companies and giving them feedback on their products. Over the years, I have been a loyal consumer of certain brands. However, I have never thought about letting the companies know how much I enjoy using their products and how they have enhanced the quality of my life.

Reshma Vyas, Home Finance Editor
Home Finance Website
Home Finance Forum
S
S
Hang your clothes on hangers (or over your dining room chairs) to dry instead of using the dryer. You can also hang clothesline practically anywhere!

Open your dishwasher when the rinse cycles are finished and let the dishes air-dry.

Become a tourist in your own town and discover cool free things to do.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Great tips here, one more thing what I practice is food shopping forms a significant part of our monthly outgoings and the supermarket is where the bulk of the money is spent. We can save a lot by simply making a shopping list, plan a few meals and only buy what you need. There are many ways to cut down on expenses, using money management money management tools you can decide where you can cut down.

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes
Shark
Shark
There are a lot of great money saving and financial planning ideas on the website, www.feedthepig.org. It has articles on how to plan a budget and how to manage your cash flow which are really helpful. There is also a neat tool that will calculate how much you will save if you cut back on buying coffee or magazines or any other daily purchase. It's amazing how much money you will save each year!

B
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
B
When we're out grocery shopping, I find that one of the best ways that I can reduce our cost is by looking at the shopping cart before we check out. I do use lists, but I sometimes allow "extras" to creep in. By doing a visual check before we get in line, I can put back anything extra that we don't need before we get to the checkout.

Brandi Brown
Wealth and Abundance

Moderated by  Sandra Investing/HFinance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.