Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#471314 11/25/08 07:50 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone!
Okay so i'm having some difficulty with my hair lol. At the moment, i'm using Sunsilk's Captivating Curls Gel&Cream. I was using Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse, but then my friend and I traded. We may trade back. Either way, all of the results keep on varying and I don't know what to do! On Saturday, my hair was really cute and soft and curly. After that it just didn't work. Then this morning my hair wasn't very nice... ahem... lol but then I wet it down again and did the whole process again and now it's actually really cute. My point is, I don't know what to do. I don't even know what details to give. I have pretty curly hair, but I just don't know how to use it! I want to enhance it a lot. Anyways, if you need more details go ahead and reply with your questions because I don't know what to say lol. Please help!!

:)Sarah(:
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Having curly hair myself I can tell you that it is perfectly normal for your hair to be different from one day to the next. I to be very constant in the way I treat it and the way I apply the styling products but some days it looks great and other days it does not.

If the humidity in the air changes from day to day, you will get different results too.

My favorite mousse for great curls is White Sands. It makes neat loopy curls. I reviewed it in this article:
White Sands - Product Review The only problem is that it is not available in the area where I live. It may be available in your area. There is a list of distributors on the web site.

S
OP Offline
S
I did some researching and looked at reviews and this is what I've decided on so far.
-Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier
-Either the Tresemme Curl Collection or Pantene Curl Collection (not sure!)
- Either the FX Curl Amplifier Creme or the ARTec Textureline Curl Memory Leave-In Treatment (these I got from ur article :p)

The only thing I have left is to decide between the last two products. Which ones do you think I should use?

Gecko
Gecko
One of the best tips I ever got from a hairdresser was to use big clips (like the ones you use to clamp hot curlers in your hair) to lift your hair up while wet to keep the weight from pulling the curl out of individual strands. It worked beautifully but my problem is that when the least little bit of humidity hits my hair it gets fuzzy rather than curly.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi,

Buy a curling iron..

Last edited by LesFex; 11/27/08 04:04 AM.

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: LesFex
Hi,

Buy a curling iron..

I'm trying to find hair products, not heat products. I don't want to ruin my hair...

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: msbaby
One of the best tips I ever got from a hairdresser was to use big clips (like the ones you use to clamp hot curlers in your hair) to lift your hair up while wet to keep the weight from pulling the curl out of individual strands. It worked beautifully but my problem is that when the least little bit of humidity hits my hair it gets fuzzy rather than curly.

That would work except I take showers at night, not in the morning, and I don't have the time to do that... Do you use any hair products??

Elephant
Elephant
heat products like hot rollers and curling irons can be quite gentle and safe tyo your hair if you remember not to over heat your hair. Use thermal protecting products like Redken 22 and Chi Ironguard before you curl. Also make sure you condition the hair and use a leave in to make sure your hair is hydrated.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
That would work except I take showers at night, not in the morning,

Curly hair is almost never as nice if you sleep on it. I alway suggest doing curly hair in the morning.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
Quote:
That would work except I take showers at night, not in the morning,

Curly hair is almost never as nice if you sleep on it. I alway suggest doing curly hair in the morning.

Is it okay if I just wet it in the morning? I usually just spray it until it's damp and then add the products.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.