BellaOnline
Posted By: smilelol605 I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/25/08 11:50 PM
Hi everyone!
Okay so i'm having some difficulty with my hair lol. At the moment, i'm using Sunsilk's Captivating Curls Gel&Cream. I was using Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse, but then my friend and I traded. We may trade back. Either way, all of the results keep on varying and I don't know what to do! On Saturday, my hair was really cute and soft and curly. After that it just didn't work. Then this morning my hair wasn't very nice... ahem... lol but then I wet it down again and did the whole process again and now it's actually really cute. My point is, I don't know what to do. I don't even know what details to give. I have pretty curly hair, but I just don't know how to use it! I want to enhance it a lot. Anyways, if you need more details go ahead and reply with your questions because I don't know what to say lol. Please help!!
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/26/08 12:52 AM
Having curly hair myself I can tell you that it is perfectly normal for your hair to be different from one day to the next. I to be very constant in the way I treat it and the way I apply the styling products but some days it looks great and other days it does not.

If the humidity in the air changes from day to day, you will get different results too.

My favorite mousse for great curls is White Sands. It makes neat loopy curls. I reviewed it in this article:
White Sands - Product Review The only problem is that it is not available in the area where I live. It may be available in your area. There is a list of distributors on the web site.
Posted By: smilelol605 Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/26/08 04:35 AM
I did some researching and looked at reviews and this is what I've decided on so far.
-Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier
-Either the Tresemme Curl Collection or Pantene Curl Collection (not sure!)
- Either the FX Curl Amplifier Creme or the ARTec Textureline Curl Memory Leave-In Treatment (these I got from ur article :p)

The only thing I have left is to decide between the last two products. Which ones do you think I should use?
Posted By: msbaby Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/27/08 12:30 AM
One of the best tips I ever got from a hairdresser was to use big clips (like the ones you use to clamp hot curlers in your hair) to lift your hair up while wet to keep the weight from pulling the curl out of individual strands. It worked beautifully but my problem is that when the least little bit of humidity hits my hair it gets fuzzy rather than curly.
Posted By: LesFex Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/27/08 08:03 AM
Hi,

Buy a curling iron..

Posted By: smilelol605 Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/28/08 05:19 AM
Originally Posted By: LesFex
Hi,

Buy a curling iron..

I'm trying to find hair products, not heat products. I don't want to ruin my hair...
Posted By: smilelol605 Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/28/08 05:21 AM
Originally Posted By: msbaby
One of the best tips I ever got from a hairdresser was to use big clips (like the ones you use to clamp hot curlers in your hair) to lift your hair up while wet to keep the weight from pulling the curl out of individual strands. It worked beautifully but my problem is that when the least little bit of humidity hits my hair it gets fuzzy rather than curly.

That would work except I take showers at night, not in the morning, and I don't have the time to do that... Do you use any hair products??
Posted By: Lady J Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/28/08 05:23 AM
heat products like hot rollers and curling irons can be quite gentle and safe tyo your hair if you remember not to over heat your hair. Use thermal protecting products like Redken 22 and Chi Ironguard before you curl. Also make sure you condition the hair and use a leave in to make sure your hair is hydrated.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 11/29/08 12:10 AM
Quote:
That would work except I take showers at night, not in the morning,

Curly hair is almost never as nice if you sleep on it. I alway suggest doing curly hair in the morning.
Posted By: smilelol605 Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/01/08 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
Quote:
That would work except I take showers at night, not in the morning,

Curly hair is almost never as nice if you sleep on it. I alway suggest doing curly hair in the morning.

Is it okay if I just wet it in the morning? I usually just spray it until it's damp and then add the products.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/01/08 09:31 PM
Quote:
Is it okay if I just wet it in the morning? I usually just spray it until it's damp and then add the products.

Many people do it that way and get good results. Personally my curl is prettiest the first day right after the shampoo, etc.

Posted By: Lady J Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/02/08 01:30 AM
to control my former unruly curly hair, i would shower at night, put a leave in hair oil and maybe a hair wax to hold the curl, let it dry naturally and then sleep. The next day I would spritz with water and put in some more hair oil and possibly more wax or pommade
Posted By: Digitoko Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/22/08 09:53 AM
use hair clips are better way for curly hair
Posted By: lillywilliam Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/26/08 12:03 PM
Wow great i have soft and silk hair i like to make my hair curl.... i ll the way to make it curly....

Drug rehab
edited for violation of forum policies
Posted By: bluemouse2 Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/27/08 02:59 AM
and again frown
Posted By: Stephanie - Weight Loss Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/27/08 04:05 AM
Regardless of how my picture looks my natural hair is curly. Sometimes I like to blow it out, but most days I leave it curly.I have found that the very best shampoo for it is Infusium. I use the shampoo, conditioner and the leave in treatment. It keeps the friz down and keeps it curly.

For me I am actually able to wash it at night if I let it dry before I go to bed. The trick is not to brush it. Ever. Use a pick or a very wide tooth comb and let it be messy, no one will realize it.
Posted By: rulez09 Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/29/08 09:56 PM
i loooooooovvvveeeee curly hair...mine doesn't look so good like that tho
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 12/29/08 10:09 PM
Hello rulez09,
I'm guessing that your hair is naturally straight. Unfortunately most of those who love curly hair have straight hair themselves.

I like my naturally curly hair more than I used to although I usually wear it straight.
Posted By: Parabolika Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 02/08/09 08:21 PM
Hello! Do you know Deva Concepts? These products are made to transform the straight hair in naturally curly hair. The leave in Angell is amazing to do it.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 02/08/09 09:43 PM
I've never seen a product that actually transforms straight hair into curly. There are some good products that encourage curl in hair that has a wave pattern in it but is not strong enough to curl on its own.
Posted By: cheapside Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 02/09/09 07:19 AM
I have naturally curly hair, but like to get a perm as this helps to control the frizzies due to humidity and/or bedhead. When I use a mousse, I like Loreal's Springing Curls. If I don't put too much on, it really holds the curls great and isn't too stiff and wet looking.
Posted By: Lynne - ChristianLiving Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 02/09/09 01:38 PM
Hi Cheapside,
You are fortunate that perms help you control the frizz. I tried perms but my hair is so strong, it would alway revert to its natural condition.
Posted By: Chris Hayter Re: I Want Curly Hair!! - 02/26/09 12:02 PM
My hair used to be fairly curly but has gradually become straighter.

I find if I sleep on my hair wet it is quite curly when I wake up, then I sort it out with my hair straightners by tidying up the ends and curling random pieces that are a little straighter.

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention products on here but I found 'Fudge' (think they're australian) is good for holding curls - my friends a hairdresser and she recommended it and I'm really pleased with how it works. Doesn't have the greatest scent but this can be masked with other hair products!!!

Chris x
© BellaOnline Forums