Print Thread
Page 29 of 90 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 89 90
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
L

Lamoure, ND

The hometown of author Louis L'Amoure and the origin of his pen name.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
M

Marshall, MN

Continues to be named one of the "Best Small Towns in America" Locally we just think of it as simply a better way of life. Small as it is, it's still 10 times bigger than where I live.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
N
Newport Dunes, Ca.

On the ocean and has high dunes for off road recreation, you can rent sailboats and motor boats to cruise around the bay inlet, water park for the kids, great campsites with all utilities. Was Newport Beach property until 15 years ago when it separated into it's own city. This is a wonderful Vacation spot and is very tropical.

George

Hello, I am George.
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
O
Oakland, CA.

A city with built in air conditioning. Almost always overcast as it is just east of San Francisco. Try going up and down the delta on a houseboat for a real adventureous vacation. Delta goes from the bay inlet in san fran all the way into Sacramento.
Home of the Raiders. Last time I was there five raiders came into a fast food rest. next to the Stadium and were approaced by a homeless man asking for money to buy food. Each one ordered him a Value meal instead of giving him money. He had to sit there and eat it all. Those guys were BIG!

Hello, I am George.
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
O
Ortonville, MN, Right on the river/lake system that separates Minnesota and South Dakota. Really nice campground, but they destroyed an apple orchard to do it. Miss that in the fall. A valid fishing licsense from either state will allow some great recreation. There are pontoon rides just for us old folk, and if the young'en want to ride, they have to take us along.

P
Pipestone National Monument, Pipestone, MN
The source of Native American peace pipe stone for thousands of years. The stone is still quarried by Native Americans, and some wonderful pieces of art are produced by artisans of many tribes. You can walk through the quary and see pieces being made. I didn't need a pipe, but I have some wonderful thunderbird ear rings. Pipestone is also the basis for Longfellow's 'Song of Hiawatha'.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Who knew? I have read all of his books prior to his death. And I am just starting one written by a computer in his style with his name on it. Should be good reading. You really are a fountain of information.

Hello, I am George.
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Q
Quantanamo Bay, Cuba

Not a very good vacation spot. In fact we Americans probably are not to welcome except on the post.

Hello, I am George.
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
R
Roswell, New Mexico

An adults fantasy playground. You will meet the Great minds of the MUFON and other organizations as well as the writers of the books I so dearly love to read. There is alway a conference going on and there are tours and museums. The whole town is based on an alien theme and is loads of fun. I just love the drive there as it is miles and miles of nothing but cattle farms etc once you go through Albequrqe. Everyone should stop by for a day if only once in a lifetime (I go every year)it makes you think. Are we alone in this great big universe?

Hello, I am George.
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
S
Santa Monica Calif.

The only place on the Pacific ocean where you can walk down the street and see movie stars and their families going through everyday activities. 3rd street promenade has loads of shops, street performers. Just walking the 6 blocks from one end to the other and turning around to repeat the process is great fun and good exercise. The Santa monica pier sports a wonderful carnival for the kids and also a Museum below it. Pretty people all over the place and on the beach. Bicycle rentals, skate rentals, etc.
Shops are expensive but if you can afford to live in the City you can afford the prices. Great places to eat, five star cuisine and service.

Hello, I am George.
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
T
Turlock Calif.

Small cattle, almond, and Farmland city reminds one of a town out of the old west. Right off the 99 highway where it splits off of the 5 interstate. There is loads of history in this town and very relaxing.

Hello, I am George.
Page 29 of 90 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 89 90

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:12 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.