Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
My opinion is that a First Lady's main job is to be a major support to her husband (who has one of the toughest and most stressful jobs I can think of), and to be a "face" for women.

As times have changes, so has the American woman. We've come a long way from Jackie O. - who was the epitome of the mother and housewife, to Hilary Clinton and Michelle Obama who are mothers and trailblazers.

Their outfits are not going to be as restrained and conservative - these aren't conservative women, these are leaders in their own rights. These are inspriations for young women.

But sitting here and getting beliigerent over someone's wardrobe seems a bit misplaced. Don't we have many other things to worry about? Like what is Brittney Spears going to do with her hair this week? smirk

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
I'm pretty sure Brit' was going to shave it again. I heard she liked that look the best wink Plus, it worked the best with all the wigs she wears.

Michelle
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
First Ladies should only wear Chanel Suits and modest gold chains with crosses.

Okay, okay, I am so joking. heehee. Let's go back to arguing what breed the First Dog should be when Obama gets his kids that puppy. Obviously an issue of grave import to our country's future. wink

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
LOL - thanks Toddzgrrl02 (where did the 02 come from?) I needed the laugh - I was getting a little B***hy there.

Sorry everyone! blush

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
02 is the year my husband and I got married. 2002... get it? LOL

as for the First Dog... I would say something that makes a political statement and yet is small enough the girls can enjoy. How about a Chinese Shar-Pei?

Michelle
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: toddzgrrl02
So we went from dissing Palin to dissing Michelle Obama based on clothing? Women cannot get a break! She was clean. She was dressed up. Just because some people did not like it, give her a break. We all have varying senses of style. Who cares what she wears. It was totally appropriate.

Michelle, very well said.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Kimmi08 #468403 11/14/08 06:29 PM
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I didn't especially like the dress either, but what do I know about dresses? I do, however, feel that Michelle Obama is a very smart, gracious, wonderful woman who will make us all proud.

J.Barry #468485 11/15/08 02:10 AM
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I loved that dress. It was a great color combination and it was orginal. She wasn't trying to be Nancy, Jackie, Hilary, Lady Bird, etc.......she was being Michelle!

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Coming in late, but just thought I'd add my $.02 worth on the dress. Up close (in a zoomed very close photo) it looked fine. But my first impression when I saw it election night was that it made her look pregnant! I did a double take, seriously. I think it was the fact that the dress was black except around the belly and bust -- which kind of accentuates the areas that are more prominent when pregnant.

However, I think that the Obama's will bring some class to the White House, and that Barack will, unlike so many men in positions of power, be faithful to his wife and family. They seem like they center him, which is how it should be.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Saturday, January 17th, was Michelle Obama's birthday!

How did you celebrate?

This is an amazing weekend ~ I hope you were able to catch some of the coverage of the "Whistle Stops" on tv, the internet, or in person!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Barack Obama's Disability Advocacy Plan
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art59299.asp

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 06:17 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.