logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted By: joclyn
[color:"purple"]the kids didn't ask to be born and BOTH parents should be involved in their lives. it's best for the kids if the parents can get past the divorce and develop a good working friendship - makes it much easier to deal with things (good and bad) that arise from raising kids.

sounds like you're not ready to deal with this kind of situation. actually, if you've just met this guy, then the kids and the ex shouldn't even be an issue. you should be focusing on getting to know each other. meeting the kids should come only when (and if) you and he are going to move from a 'casual dating' situation to something more involved.

who has custody of the kids? how long have you been seeing this guy? [/color]

Hey, I know one free online dating site called www.vertigosex.com there you can search, contact and talk to single person for free and it�s true that you don�t need to pay to meet girls online. It�s really a best site among of all. Hope this will help you.
Good luck!

Last edited by emily_Barnes; 01/24/08 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
W
Since I posted the thread a lot has happened....We have had a big discussion about what it will take for us if we want to make this a permanent partnership.

He has been living with me for about 9 months and his boys(when he has them every other wkend and every Mon/thurs) since July. I have not asked for any money to help w/ the bills until last month. He seriously has not a pot to pee in and couldn't afford anything on his own since the divorce(final 1yr ago, which he got taken for a ride). Some changes need to be made for this to work and I have been completely raw,open and honest with him on what it will take for us to be together including compromises on both ends.

The ex and I get along and she has told me how much the boys like me and she appreciates that. She has no idea about how I feel about her(who I really have little respect for personally)or the issues my boyfriend and I have discussed. I want them/us to have a good relationship however, I don't feel they should be personal friends and chit chat on a daily basis(not involving the kids). The issues are more with him with just going along with the flow even he doesn't want to. He does not like confrontation and will make everyone happy before himself. But his life has changed and therefore situations need to follow that change. Things are going in the right direction and I'm trying to patient and let him do what it is he needs to.

Sorry this is a late post. Thanks for feedback.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Wouldn't life be easier if you and the bf/gf were friends with the ex?

I have heard of people complaining because of the drama with the ex and this is the first time I have heard people complaining about the ex being friends.

Your SO prolly shouldnt be talking to the ex everyday, especially when it takes time from you but I think life would be easier with the ex being friendly. Maybe you can talk to your SO about this and how you feel about him/her talking to the ex everyday and how it makes you feel uncomfortable but do not demand he/she stops talking to them because that will only cause animosity.

Wantobstronger - Does your bf work? If he does, why can he not help out with the bills? He is living with you and that should definitely take priority. You didn't give us any info about that.

There is another free dating site called Plenty of Fish

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
K
k2y Offline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I have to agree with Vance. Keeping things friendly with the ex is probably the way to go, especially since there are kids involved.

On the other hand, there is a big difference between keeping things friendly and being a little too friendly for comfort.

Wantobstronger, it sounds to me like you need to have a heart to heart with your bf and let him know how you are feeling about this and about the contributions he is or isn't making to the home you are sharing.

Remember that a relationship is a partnership so it's important to keep the lines of communication open and to keep things fair and balanced between you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.