Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#464161 10/29/08 12:54 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Is anyone planning on watching him tonight? I am working and have homework so it all depends on how I feel and if I am home when he is on. Not like it will change my mind anyway...

I have been listening to and reading all the news about the polls and the fact that the media seems to favor Obama more than McCain. I read an interesting article yesterday regarding the media and what they report and how they favor Obama. It's no surprise, but it was interesting to actually read an article confirming it. Same with the polls. On the one hand we have polls and the media telling us one thing. On the other, we have other sources telling us those are not to be believed. That they aren't accurate. I guess the fear now is that all these Obama supporters are going to start hearing how Obama has this election locked up tight and won't bother going out to vote. I've also heard that the Dems are bragging about how many new voters have signed up, yet that is only half of the battle. The new voters have to actually vote. And from what I have heard, that is easier said than done. Not only that, but the emphasis on so many new YOUNG voters has been misleading too. So it will surely be interesting.

Obama's election night thing in Grant Park is sold out, btw.

The latest in IL is all about the Hudson murders... of course, they want to place the blame on the gun. Nevermind the suspected killer was a previously convicted felon, out on parole, who should have been in jail for a parole violation but wasn't, for some strange reason. But I might post more on this later in a new thread. I have to head to work. Until Obama starts spreading some of the wealth around, I still have to go earn a paycheck!!

Michelle
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Mmmm, I have better things to do than watch Obama's info-mercial.

Lynn_B #464168 10/29/08 01:33 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yeah, he won't be answering questions in this format. It's just a spiel.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sheryl T #464169 10/29/08 01:36 PM
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I will be watching. I try to watch ALL the candidates as much as possible. Then after watching I try to look up the facts to find out what is true and what is not true.

J.Barry #464220 10/29/08 06:05 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
J. Barry, that is typically what I do. I like to see it right from the horse's mouth.

Michelle
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
www.Snopes.com is the place to go to check out the truth of assertions from both sides.

Maeve Maddox
School Reform
B
Shark
Shark
B
I wonder how much it is costing him to sell himself via the infomercial? Seems like the money should have gone to his New Deal Spread the Wealth Welfare Program.

Kay
bepart #464330 10/29/08 09:42 PM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
I'm sure it is a pretty penny... plus his own cable channel that he has had for a while now... it's crazy. There has been some speculation that Obama is actually hypnotizing people LOL

Michelle
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
I did not watch, but I did find this fact check article, which I found interesting to read.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Michelle
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Another interesting tidbit

Quote:
The 30-minute campaign commercial, purchased at a cost that campaign aides put at roughly $4 million, not only marked Obama's attempt to seal his case with the electorate, but also underscored his enormous financial advantage in the race. He has outraised McCain by far after first committing � and then reneging � on a pledge to limit spending to the $84 million available under federal matching funds.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Michelle
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.