Next Thread
Print Thread
#461990 10/22/08 05:18 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
My son is working on his Wolf badge this year, and one of the requirements for "Your Living World" has the scout find three stories that tell how people are protecting our world, and to read and discuss them with an adult.

Right now, I'm not coming up with any ideas on what stories could count for this requirement. Does anyone here have any suggestions for stories that tell how people are portecting our world?

Lesley Aeschliman
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
how about your library. that is what we did. and we did a poster or collauge about the different ways to protect the world and we also picked up trash to help.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
You might also check the local paper about projects. You could also call the office of your state representative or senator- they could probably point you in a good direction

Zebra
Zebra
How about googling:

--someone doing wildlife conservation (endangered species stories).

Green kids: BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

H
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
H
You can discuss the fact that we are moving more and more toward electric cars and the implications of this shift.

Recycling and the effects on landfills.

"A question's richness can only be measured by the answers it evokes." ~ Me

"My atheism does not define me. I define my atheism." ~Me
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
[quote=BellaDeb]
Oh, look what I found:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lesley Aeschliman
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions. I'm planning to work with my son on this particular Wolf badge requirement over the next couple of weeks (with all the half days going on for parent-teacher conferences).

Lesley Aeschliman
Shark
Shark
If you haven't already finished, or for others looking for the same info, Boys' Life magazine often has articles about Scouts who are protecting our world.

Terri

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thanks, Writermom. My son actually finished the requirement last week, but I think you have a really good idea. smile

Lesley Aeschliman
C
C
Thanks Writermom. My son and most of his den haven't finished this requirement. I'm going to go pull out all of his old Boy's Life magazines and have him start looking through them.

Karen

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.