Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Shark
Shark
D
Yes, I got a D&C first then the Novasure. But both were done on the same day. One procedure immediately follows the other while you're out. You won't feel a thing!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
Hi,
I had this procedure done 3 months ago and am very happy with the results. My doctor insisted that I get an abdominal and vaginal ultrasound to check for fibroid tumors first. She said the procedure would not work if you had tumors. It only aggravates them. And causes more bleeding issues. I was warned that I would have a yucky discharge for about 6 weeks and I did. But it wasn't a big deal compared to the heavy periods I had. And each month my period has gotten lighter and shorter. I've also had the added bonus of losing weight and 2 sizes since I got it done because I am not wiped out during my period anymore. I keep exercising and having more energy than usual now that my periods aren't so bad. Hope this info helps. From what I have read, the people who have problems are the ones who have fibroid tumors. So I don't know if you would want to go through with it or not.

R
R
Hi all... It seems as though this is an ongoing thing here. I too am searching the Internet in an attempt to locate information regarding pregnancy AFTER a tubal ligation and the Novasure procedure.

My last period was in April 2008. All of them since my last child (born April 2000) have been horrible. Heavy bleeding, severe clotting (the size of golf balls), and lasting anywhere from 5 to 10 days. Also very sporadic. However, that was all prior to having the Novasure procedure done in May 2008.

Immediately following the procedure I had a rather nasty discharge for approximately 4 days and since then, nothing.

My tubal ligation was done on the day of my daughter's birth, which was April 3, 2000. I had a C-section. Now I have been reading that the risk of getting pregnant after tubal ligation increases if you have it done via C-section.

Anyway, in summary... I had a tubal ligation in April 2000 and D & C and the Novasure (Uterine ablation) in May 2008. Oh, and by the way... They also removed a Teratoma tumor from my right ovary and some fibroid cysts from my uterine wall at the time of the Novasure procedure.

About a week ago, I noticed that my breasts were feeling just a bit tender. Not really sore, just a little tender...

Then, last Friday I noticed that they were really hurting and feeling heavier and fuller than normal. Putting on my bra is difficult at best... I am a Double D normally, but the cups are tighter than usual and squeezing them in there is painful!

Then, a few days ago I started noticing that I have been having indigestion really bad. Alka-Seltzer, my normal savior when it comes to heartburn and upset stomach isn't working well at all!

Yesterday I started having an uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen. At first I thought I might be constipated but as it turns out, I am not. However, I am still having the uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen and now its being accompanied by some nausea as well. Nothing major, and barely noticeable, but nausea nonetheless. Not to mention, today I am experiencing some dizziness as well.

So I guess I am wondering the same things as a lot of you... Is it possible to get pregnant after these procedures? I know the risk of pregnancy increases as more time passes since the tubal ligation, but I assumed the Novasure would DECREASE my risk exponentially.

Can ANYONE provide any tangible evidence or suggestions as to what I might do at this point? I got pregnant with my daughter while I was on Birth Control pills so I know I VERY fertile. Hence the procedures...

Now I am mostly worried because of my age and the risks associated with pregnancy after Novasure. I love children and would love to have a child with my fiance', but our age and the risk factors scare me.

Also, I would LOVE to hear the rest of your story Navymom5....

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Welcome to all the newbies, hope you all enjoy your stay
"Rosie"

Rosie L
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C

Important Information about Pregnancy after Endometrial Ablation

Can I still get pregnant after an endometrial ablation? The answer is YES. A reliable method of birth control must be used to avoid this.
Here is a paragraph from the book, A Gynecologist's Second Opinion: The Questions and Answers You Need to Take Charge of Your Health by William H. Parker, M.D., with Rachel L. Parker, Contributions by Ingrid A. Rodi, M.D. and Amy E. Rosenman, M.D.

"Once the lining cells of the uterus are destroyed by the procedure, there is no place for a developing fetus to attach within the uterus. If some cells remain following an ablation, there exists the rare possibility of pregnancy occuring. If pregnancy were to occur, termination would most likely be recommended as doctors are concerned that without adequate cells lining the inside of the uterus, the placenta would grow directly into the muscle wall of the uterus and take hold like the roots of a tree. As a result, the placenta would not be able to separate at the time of delivery, and hemorrhage could occur. This procedure is not a form of birth control and another method of birth control must still be used to avoid pregnancy."

From OBGYN.net:

"Ablation does NOT provide reliable birth control, since ovulation still takes place as before, and the uterine lining may be receptive to a pregnancy. Second, pregnancy in general should not be elected after an ablation; in fact, it can be dangerous. The procedure can cause changes in the uterus that make pregnancy potentially hazardous to the mother, including possible complications such as uterine rupture and placenta accreta (a placenta that becomes "stuck" to the uterus and cannot be removed, causing potentially life-threatening bleeding). Because of the potential problems with future pregnancies, it is generally recommended that reliable birth control, including male or female sterilization, be considered in women who undergo ablations. Please discuss this further with your doctor."

G
G
My uterous was perfurated

I just joined this site because I was researching info about Novasure. I don't know how I found this site but glad I did.

I'm due to have this on Monday, Oct 13. I, like most women on here, have heavy bleeding and basically, have to shut down my life for about 5-8 days till it ends. I had a tubal 15 years ago, and had an IUD inserted two months ago, to see if that would stop the bleeding. Today, after having the same amount of bleeding as if I was on my period for the past two months, I insisted on the IUD being removed. My emotions had been shot at this point.

I have fibroid tumors but they're small.

After reading some of the comments on here, I'm scared now to have Novasure.

Raea, you should probably POAS.

I had NovaSure on Sep. 18 and have yet to stop bleeding. It' sbeen mostly spotting, but I've had several days of heavy bright red blood.

My insurance company insisted that I get NovaSure done before a hysterectomy because of my age (like it really matters). I had a D&C before NovaSure and a sonogram at my follow up two weeks ago. The endometrium is growing back, not just in my uterus, but on my cervix as well. My uterus is also lined with a bunch of liquid-filled sacs. I have PCOS as well.

This has been a nightmare for me, and if the bleeding weren't bad enough, the cramping makes it even worse.

Newbies, welcome to the forum, hope yous enjoy your stay!

Rosie L
D
Shark
Shark
D
Originally Posted By: Raea
About a week ago, I noticed that my breasts were feeling just a bit tender. Not really sore, just a little tender...

Then, last Friday I noticed that they were really hurting and feeling heavier and fuller than normal. Putting on my bra is difficult at best... I am a Double D normally, but the cups are tighter than usual and squeezing them in there is painful!

Then, a few days ago I started noticing that I have been having indigestion really bad. Alka-Seltzer, my normal savior when it comes to heartburn and upset stomach isn't working well at all!

Yesterday I started having an uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen. At first I thought I might be constipated but as it turns out, I am not. However, I am still having the uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen and now its being accompanied by some nausea as well. Nothing major, and barely noticeable, but nausea nonetheless. Not to mention, today I am experiencing some dizziness as well.

First I want to say that I am not ruling out the possibility that you might be pregnant but I want you to know that these are the symptoms I get with my period every month. Some months are worse than others. I don't bleed anymore (this month I spotted for two days) but I do get these exact same feelings in my stomach and breasts, then it's over in five to ten days.

I would still call your doctor.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.