logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
This week's feature article is called "Developing Healthy Selfishness" because we all need to take care of ourselves!

You can read the article hereBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Linda Steele, Body Image Editor
Body Image Website
Body Image Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Healthy selfishness.....hmmmm. I dunno. I work so hard in being a wife and mother. I just started back frequented the salon and since most of the year, I'm in the garden, my hands tend to take a beating but its all okay. After reading your article, maybe I should take an approach at this type of selfishness. Thanks and good article.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
This is good to remember to take a little time for yourself sometimes... you have to remind women of this because they are usually taking care of everyone except for themselves.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Your spa day sounded terrific!

I totally agree that a healthy selfishness is necessary to survive. I care for and about others but if you try to take on their suffering too closely it can incapacitate you and them too.

I think in order to really help others you need to keep a little objectivity to it. My father is currently having health problems and is in pain. I sympathize with him and care about him but I also try not to take on his pain as I can't then help him very well.

I guess that comes from years of doing medical work. I cared about patients but unless you acquire a certain healthy selfishness you can't even function in that environment.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I don't know how to develop healthy selfishness other than I take a hot lavender-scented bath every night with candles lit all around me (sometimes I add a nice white wine) on the side.

Although when I'm creating in my art room and am totally in the zone, I think I'm absorbed in what you are calling healthy selfishness because I'm able to tune everything and everyone out. Also when I'm meditating.

But other than that, I'm always a wife and a mother first. Even with my son in college, if he calls me, I drop what I'm doing and take care of whatever he needs right away. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 10/26/08 09:49 PM.
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I definitely know I need to do that. I just have to start.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: DebCreativeEditor
But other than that, I'm always a wife and a mother first. Even with my son in college, if he calls me, I drop what I'm doing and take care of whatever he needs right away. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's good to know there are other moms out there that appreciate the blessing of being a mother 24/7. I do the same thing with my daughter in college. Happy harvest everyone.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 10/29/08 05:50 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.