Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I just got a new "text message" capable phone and find myself texting my son more than I call him. I also email him to his phone and to relative's computers more than I actually speak to them. Do you use technology more than you actually speak to people?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
yes! I have a HTC ppc6400. Its very similar to the iphone but uses windows mobile 6. I love the phone. I love the ability to use the internet, email, windows office, etc.

I text all the time. I email all the time. Plus I call. Buit more text and email

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Sounds like you have your email forwarded to your phone.(?) I'm familiar with the iphone if it's like that but only in the windows environment-right? I just got the AT&T Slide that operates on the windows environment and has internet, email, etc. So do you have a plan that has a lot of text messaging? Mine is unlimited. I'm just getting good at it as I'm new to the texting environment after switching over from an outdated teeny tiny Sprint phone. It's great! I'm hooked.

Only problem is when I'm with people in person I forget how to talk in complete sentences - ha ha.

Gecko
Gecko
I email with friends more than we talk on the phone or in person. It seems at times that I have become so accustomed to typing that I'm losing the ability to conduct a normal conversation. It's either that or the fact that I am a stay at home mom and the opportunities for adult conversation are sometimes rare.

As far as cell phones are concerned; I wish their use was more restricted. It's not illegal where I am to talk or text while driving and the teens who are just learning to drive are out of control. I have to dodge them running red lights and crossing the center line every time I'm in the car.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
msbaby - I agree with you about phone restriction for teens. I asked my 20-year-old about texting while driving and he said he does in fact text at a stop light. I strongly warned him to not text at any time while driving and to wait until he reaches his destination. Nothing can cause an accident quicker than distracted drivers texting. I never expect him to reply to my texts if he is driving or busy at work. Teens texting, statistically cause a tremendous amount of serious accidents. Texting in the car should be outlawed. I do not text in the car ever!!!

As for you being a stay-at-home mom email is ideal for staying in touch with everyone! I know because I stay at home as well. The computer is my connection to the world! If it weren't for my computer I think I would sink into a depression. Email are the conversations that take place of the actual phone or in person conversation that I would otherwise have.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 10/12/08 08:36 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Email is a stay at home mother's connection to the world. It's so nice to know that when I get a minute my "friends" are there with funny jokes, news or a good recipe. My mother just doesn't get my enjoyment of the forums and emails. Maybe that's why I try not to come down too hard on texting. I don't get it and I certainly am not required to, but kids texting while driving or walking in traffic has a negative effect on everyone.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I've nevr texted anyone. iF I get a text, I just call people back or email them.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
B
bh24
Unregistered
bh24
Unregistered
B
Yes. I usually email people, it's just easier.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
I prefer email over text messaging as the keyboard is much larger and I can get my d__n fingers on the letters. smile My son and has his email forwarded to his phone so one day he called me and said, "Mom, if you don't like text messaging, just email me and I will get it on my phone the same way." Yikes, wish he had told me sooner. But in a pinch and on the run, text messaging can take care of a quickie conversation that a phone conversation isn't needed. My husband is in meetings a lot and I never know when I can call him, so I just text him.

Shark
Shark
I like using email for more formal communication as I can organize them better. However, text messaging works great in some ways as sometimes it better not to talk to the person, but you want the person to know you are not ignoring him/her. I find texting comes in handy when I don't have time to call a friend for a long chat, but just to let the person know that I care.

I have email function on my phone, but I rarely use it. I don't want to be chased by emails everywhere I go. whistle

Last edited by Cara-Philosophy; 10/23/08 02:13 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.