logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have dated via the net and one thing I figured out is that the paid sites offer more quality people than the free sites. Also, just like with "land based" dating you must follow the "rules" and always meet for lunch, meet in a public place. I found that it helped to ask to see their driver's license. Then I knew they were not lying about who they were. If they did not want to show me, I just left.

But, I know it sounds weird but the best place to meet people is doing things you love. Get involved in something that you like doing, politically, socially, or religiously. Join a book club, do volunteer work, go to church. If you're not very religious there are still churches you can go to such as Unitarian Universalist Churches (uua.org)

If you have a business join the Chamber of Commerce, go to their business after hours, or business and breakfast meetings. If you are a single parent joining a single parent's group. Even if you join a group that is all your same sex, remember they have brothers, friends, etc.. that you may meet.

Having said that, tell your friends that you want to meet someone and before you know it, you'll be going on blind dates which really aren't that bad.

Also, one thing I think is very important is to have a "list".

The list should include what you want in a spouse. Yea not a date, a spouse.

smile

Be realistic in the list but also make this your dream person too. Be specific to include height and weight requirements. smile Then, when you meet someone, compare them to your list in your mind. If there are too many differences, move on.

Even if you go out with a lot of people who aren't right for you, you can still have fun, and each person just brings you that much closer to your dream.

Also, don't have sex with anyone until you believe you're in love. I know that sounds old fashioned, but it is still true that having sex too soon can really mess things up. For one thing when you lay down and get really close that way to a person, the chemicals in your body will play tricks on you and you will over look all their qualities that do not fit in with your list. You will start thinking you're in love, but it will really just be a sexual chemical thing. And that won't last. Even if you get married during this chemical rush, that can last for up to 7 years, you will end up divorced or unhappy. WAIT on sex until you're in love, and HE/SHE is also in love.

Don't necessarily wait till marriage if that is not your thing, but do wait until the love is there.

And, last but not least, no matter how many lies others tell, no matter how many airs others put on, you always be yourself. Even if yourself is a complete slob, or say you normally burp a lot or something, be yourself, because in order for the right person to fall in love with you and STAY in love with you, they must get to know the REAL you.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Shark
Shark
D
I tried Match.com for one month just last month. Funny Rosie should mention deception. The guys all thought I was trying to deceive them. I posted one picture of my face and described myself as slender. I had numerous requests for more pictures showing my body. And too many men asking me how much I weigh. I hated it. I felt like the men were land sharks looking for sex. Didn't work for me and I'll never try it again.

S
Shark
Shark
S
I started country dancing. Met a lot of nice people and made friends. I also did the online dating thing. I met my husband online. Actually, it was my first time online. I was not looking to have a relationship; just friends and wanted someone who liked to dance as much as I did. I had been divorced for almost 10 years and came to the conclusion I liked being able to do what I wanted and come and go as I pleased. I did not post a picture either. I used the Christian Mingles site. And I found my soul mate. We have much in common; we both loved to dance..country, ballroom, oldies you name it. LOL We have strong family and ethnic ties and are spirtual.
When I did agree to meet him face to face I made sure I was safe..I had an escape route; I choose a restaurant where I was well known. The ironic part was on my way to the restaurant I was in a car accident. So, he really came to my rescue...lol
We ended up having diner and dancing all night.
Sundancer

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/25/11 12:38 PM.
D
Shark
Shark
D
That is an awesome story Sundancer. Was he the "first" guy you dated from the site?

S
Shark
Shark
S
dmichelle,
Yes, he was. And I was so afraid...I had heard such horror stories. But, I made it very clear..all I wanted was friends. And he was not pushy. If he had been, I would have run in the other direction.
Sundancer

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Sun, thats great you met some one nice, wishing you lots of happiness in your life. Stay Safe wink

Rosie L
D
Shark
Shark
D
I'm smiling just thinking about your accident that accidentally lead to marriage.

I found the guy I'm dating accidentally. He was hired by my sister to move some items and I was there to help her clean. One look and I was like...Where did you find him? She said "Craig's List". Funny thing to find out...he just got off "Match.com" as I got on. I should have saved my money.

S
Shark
Shark
S
I'm smiling too! I love the answer "Craig's List". lol

Sundancer

C
C
I remember reading once, don't remember where, that a great place for a single to meet another is in a laundromat. I kid you not. I read top quality stuff, not some weird magazine. This would have come from Time or something similar. I remember reading about how people have met their match in places like this becuase most are single and often it's quite empty in a laundromat, which makes it easy for conversation. Like asking to borrow a dryer sheet or something to get the conversation started. Just my 2 cents.

*** Carol ***
D
Shark
Shark
D
Back to the drawing board...

I think my comforters are too big for my washer at home...hmmm guess I have to go to the laundromat. Afer that, I'll hang out at the batting cages, then onto the produce aisle at Shop N Save.

If that doesn't work, I'm visiting Albany. LOL

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.