Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
C
Brilliant!! But don't wait until your girls are grown and gone before you start developing interests of your own. Take this time to discover what makes you passionate about the world and what you enjoy doing. Start developing your mind and skills now, and when it is time for your children to move on, you will be in a better space to move forward as well.
:-)

Christyann Anderson
Single Life Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
You're so right! And you're wonderful!

Laurie Ellen

M
M
I'm single and I really would like to find someone to love and that would love me too. However, I like being single because I can go where I want, and do what I want at any time I want without having to go on a guilt trip or apologize a million times. And I like being single because I can flirt with any guy I want to flirt with!

Last edited by missmaples; 10/20/08 09:40 PM.
H
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
H
I pretty much love being single all of the time. Sure, there are those moments when I would like to feel a bit of tenderness... in the way of a hug or something. But that passes pretty quickly and doesn't happen that often. smile

"A question's richness can only be measured by the answers it evokes." ~ Me

"My atheism does not define me. I define my atheism." ~Me
T
T
I used to love being single, not having no answer to anyone, dating around, meeting people, reading in bed all day.

Now, I am tired of the same freedom, I want a sence of belonging, I want a home and a family. I need to know someone is there when I get home.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

I have been single for 8 years now. I love it, but my daughter is still living with me, so I have company. We are both adults. We have put the mother/daughter relationship behind us and are now friends.
I don't miss married life. I love my freedom. I was married to a very controling person who dictated everything about my life.

The one thing I have learned... When you are married and taking care of so much and taking care of so many different people you're life is focused on others. There is no time to think about who you are or what you really want in life. Once I got over the pain of separation, I started focusing on my own life, and how I see the world.
I understand now why monks take a vow of silence and spend time alone meditating. I gained a lot of wisdom in the years since my divorce because I had the time and the silence to do that.

I have noticed that women my age (I'm 48) often choose to stay single after a divorce.
I like being single for all the reasons others have mentioned. Do I ever miss having someone in my life? usually if there is a large task that I can't do alone I think how great it would be to have someone with me. Sometimes those times when the day has been particularly hard I miss having someone I can just sit and discuss things with and getting a hug. Bu the dream isn't always the reality. How sure am I that I would get that even if I were married?
The times I enjoy being single is about 90%, the times I wish I werent... 10%

But I have always said... If you have a good mechanic, you don't need a husband laugh

Bylen

S
S
 Who will be your best friend in reality?
Samatha takes good care of others, Miranda is wise, Kelly is fashion and Charlotte is naive.
Who may be your friend?? Join the discussion in www.dvdsetshop.com.

Gecko
Gecko
I was married for 10 years and in those ten years I felt more alone than I did being single..........and free!!! Nothing wrong with being single and being your own boss. I enjoy doing what I want when I want and there is nothing wrong with being single.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

I wonder if how we feel about being single has a lot to do with the marriage we came out of? I know that I love being single mainly because I felt enslaved for 23 years. I was told what to do and when to do it. I worked all those years, but was told what I could buy and what money I could spend. I was not even allowed to make a late night run to the nearby convenience store for cokes etc, without permission.
So for me, I don't think I could ever get tired of being single. I will never get tired of making my own choices and decisions.
For someone else who is out of a marriage for a different reason, but the marriage was good for the most part, perhaps being single doesn't look so great.
Perhaps how we feel about being single has everything to do with the feelings we have about marriage. Whether it was a positive experience or a negative one.
I'd be interested in hearing others opinions about this. smile

Bylen

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I'm like you Bylen - I married an older man that also told me what to do and when to do it.

He has been gone for 15 years and I am just now wanting a relationship. BUT - the Holidays are coming and that could have something to do with it.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cy_Single_Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.