logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Jack Morgan leads John down a rickety set of wooden stairs. The stairs lead from the top of a rocky cliff face, down to a rock strewn coastline. Clambering over the rocks, Jack pauses to look out at the sea.

A huge tower dominates the view. It seems to be made of stone, and while the initial impression is of a lighthouse, John's brain fights to fit the tower into that category. No light issues from the tower, and there's a subtle sense of wrongness about it. The top of the tower seems to stretch up to the pink sky, while at the same time giving the impression of squatness.

The others from the diner arrive at the top of the cliff in time to see Jack and John pausing on the shore.

[Sanity check for everyone but Ray...this hits the locals harder than the others, since the locals *know* there isn't a tower here. Everyone else simply feels it shouldn't be here.]

Jack gazes toward the tower with an attitude of absolute entrancement. "The Tower In The Sea," he murmurs, loud enough for John to hear. He sits and begins to take off his shoes.

"We're almost there," he says to John. "You'll get your answers there, if anywhere."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek looks at the tower, then looks at the locals. "I take it that tower isn't usually there?" he asks. He then looks at Ray, "Hey, sightless, can you swim?"

Last edited by Derek Icelord; 10/20/08 12:39 AM.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray quirks a brow and turns her head slightly toward Larry. "Tower? What's he talking about, Larry?" At Derek's words, she frowns and looks squarely at him.

"Okay. You know, I've been more than kind and patient with you, sir. My name is Rajka. Use it. That's not a request. I'm no less of a person that you are simply because I'm down one of the five senses. By the way... there's a spider on your shoulder." She smirks slightly. "I can hear it crawling on your jacket. As far as my ability to swim? I used to be an amazing swimmer. Sadly, I can't do that without assistance anymore. But don't worry. Larry can help me so you don't have to. You can keep thinking I'm weak. I assure you, sir, I'm not."

Her cheeks flush slightly from frustration and a little bit of a temper. It's hard to make her mad, but it seems Derek has accomplished it. She squeezes Larry's hand, tightly.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kryssie - This Date
Ray quirks a brow and turns her head slightly toward Larry. "Tower? What's he talking about, Larry?"

"Ummm..." Larry seems at a loss for words, momentarily. "Ray, there *is* a tower there. Kind of like a light house, but not. Must be one of them secret government places."

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek calmly flicks the spider off his back and narrows his eyes at Ray. "Lady, I never said you were weak. I said you were blind. And it just so happens that right now, that's a rather large impediment. If Mr. Conspiracy Theorists wants to hold your hand across, fine but I'm not gonna slow down to wait for either of you." He shifts his gaze to Larry, "And I sincerely hope you don't really think that's a government building."

With that, he starts down to the rocks.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry helps Ray down the rickety wooden stairs, muttering under his breath the entire way. Ray's excellent hearing catches phrases like, "Damn city boys,", "Horse's [censored]", and others.

As the group makes their way down to Jack and John, Jack notices them and smiles as he finishes removing his shoes.

"Excellent!" he says. "He will be pleased. We're a far cry from what my great-grandfather had planned, but still a respectable offering."

He then heads for the water.

Last edited by Jay - RPG; 10/21/08 09:07 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Ray chuckles slightly as Larry murmurs under his breath, her smile just effervescing as always. When she hears Jack's words however, she balks at moving further. "Excuse me? Offering? I...don't think so. I'm not sacrificing myself or my friends, sweetie. I'm sorry..."

She frowns and twitches slightly. That eerie presence making itself more of a nuisance. "L-Larry...maybe we should go back to Mike...something doesn't feel right..."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John hears what Jack said while taking his shoes off "Offering?..."
all the while staring at the tall tower in aww struck at the same time feeling very uneasy "You're hiding something I have been very patient and followed you....I want some answers now before we go any further Jack"

Last edited by JRH; 10/21/08 03:42 PM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek hops down beside Jack and slips a hand inside his coat. "Indeed. Answers or we'll go nowhere."

[Ray will most likely hear a faint click as he talks.]

Last edited by Derek Icelord; 10/21/08 04:27 PM.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kryssie - This Date
Ray chuckles slightly as Larry murmurs under his breath, her smile just effervescing as always. When she hears Jack's words however, she balks at moving further. "Excuse me? Offering? I...don't think so. I'm not sacrificing myself or my friends, sweetie. I'm sorry..."

She frowns and twitches slightly. That eerie presence making itself more of a nuisance. "L-Larry...maybe we should go back to Mike...something doesn't feel right..."

Larry pauses for a moment at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah, I think you're right Ray," he says. "These guys are all loony. Let's let Mike know what's going on." Still helping Ray, Larry starts back up the stairs.

Jack ignores John's demand, and doesn't even register Derek's actions as he heads for the water.

[You'll have time for an action before he starts swimming, but that's about it. Derek will have more time if he wants to shoot while Jack's swimming.]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.