Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"I'm here. That blast sent me over the counter and I was out momentarily. Anyone know whats going on?" Zeke said as he climbed to his feet and was rubbing the back of his head.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Ray grins and chuckles, "It's okay to admit you were terrified, Zeke. No'll think less of you. 'Cept maybe Larry. But, I don't think he thinks much of you, anyway." She grins and gives Zeke a wink, then squeezes Larry's arm.

"Pink fluorescing sky, you say? Is it pretty?" She smiles, trying to picture what the sky might look like.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Ray's comment shakes Jacob out of his shock.

"Pretty?" he says. "Pretty in the way the devil is pretty. The end times are here, and I must prepare."

With that pronouncement, Jacob stands and leaves the diner, walking with a steady pace in the direction of his farm, a good five miles out of town.

Larry, for a change, doesn't say anything about Jacob's religious views, but glances outside at the pink sky again, as if trying to decide if Jacob might not be right.

Gecko
Gecko
Ray frowns at Jacob's words, then starts to rub one of her arms. She closes her eyes and stands still a moment, then starts to tremble a little. "You sure you're okay, Ray?" Mike asks.

She opens her eyes and smiles, but doesn't move her head. "Mmhmm. I'm fine..." She coughs slightly, then musses Larry's hair again. "So...wh-who needed more coffee?"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John quickly tries to catch up to the man jogging to the coast yelling, "HEY! HEY! SLOW DOWN! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!" While at the same time looking up at the sky feeling a bit of peace but also very disturbed.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
John manages to catch up to the young man just as he is shrugging off his leather coat and dropping it to the ground. The man continues jogging at the same speed, and seems to be ignoring John.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek watches the two men run. "What are those damned fools doing?"

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kryssie - This Date
Ray frowns at Jacob's words, then starts to rub one of her arms. She closes her eyes and stands still a moment, then starts to tremble a little. "You sure you're okay, Ray?" Mike asks.

She opens her eyes and smiles, but doesn't move her head. "Mmhmm. I'm fine..." She coughs slightly, then musses Larry's hair again. "So...wh-who needed more coffee?"

Larry sits at the counter again, looking out the windows at the light and the sky.

"I could, and make it black," he says.

Mike pats Ray's shoulder as he steps out from behind the counter. "Be right back, Ray, gotta make a call." Mike heads to the pay phone in the far corner of the room, inserts a quarter, and dials. After a moment, he shakes his head and hangs up.

"Phone's dead," he announces as he heads back behind the counter.

Gecko
Gecko
Ray smiles slightly and speaks in Derek's direction, "I guess they're running away?" She chuckles slightly then smiles as Mike pats her shoulder and she nervously pours a cup of coffee for Larry. "Here ya go, sweetie."

At the announcement of the phone being dead, Ray winces slightly--trapped... Finally, she whispers to Larry, "Larry, there's nothing behind me, is there?"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry glances behind Ray reflexively, then shakes his head.

"No, nothing behind you. Don't worry, Ray, I've got the creeps, too."

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.