I have a new story up about True Blood on HBO

Cheril Vernon
Specialty Channels
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
This show is based on a series of books by Charlaine Harris. I don't have HBO so unfortunately I haven't seen the show. But I do recommend the books! I wonder if HBO offers the show online to watch?

Michelle
OP Offline
I don't think they do yet because I tried to watch one I missed recently.

Cheril Vernon
Specialty Channels
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Great review Cheril - I lovelovelove True Blood, I think it's got lots of potential to develop because it's setting up all the different issues around Vampire Rights, and vampire/human coexistence.

I am also obsessed with the theme tune smile

Happily, when this started I'd just finished watching Buffy (again) so I can still get my vamp fix, albeit in a much more grown up way!

T
Shark
Shark
T
I had to laugh. I love the show's theme song too and added it to my myspace.

So far, I am caught up through ep 6 and they seem to be sticking true to the books. Although it's to the point now that I am not really remembering. I could have sworn the bar owner is a werewolf himself and had revealed it by now, but it's been a while since I've read any of the books so I don't know. I kinda thought the mysterious dog that kept showing up was him until the one ep where he was sitting outside his trailer and the dog showed up.

Michelle
A
A
I am a True Blood lover too!!!

I started watching at the beginning and bought the book to read on a recent trip. I finished the book last week, and it is a bit different than the show, I think. Tara is not in the first book at all, and Lafayette is a very background character.

Sam turns into a dog in the book, but they haven't gotten there in the show yet. I plan on getting the next couple of books in the series

One of my favorite shows this year besides Mad Men and Dexter.

Ann-Margaret - Costuming Editor
Costuming Website
Costuming Forum

My Website

T
Shark
Shark
T
I'll have to try to get caught up on the series (via the books) over winter break. I read so many different paranormal series, they get confusing after a while.

Michelle
T
Shark
Shark
T
I'm still watching it. I found another forum that is discussing it and someone there actually knows the guy that plays the vamp bartender in all the bar scenes. I believe he is the guy who at the end of the last show goes into attack mode LOL Anyway, it's pretty cool. I am addicted to the show. Probably when this semester of school is over I'll read the books and get them all caught up so I can compare them.

If you like reading paranormal type stuff, you should check out Keri Arthur. She has a great series out called the Guardian series or the Riley Jensen series. It has all kinds of creatures in it. Vamps, Werewolves, half-breeds, shapeshifters, etc.

Michelle
T
Shark
Shark
T
I wish more people discussed this show here!!

Michelle
I love True Blood, I ended up watching the first 5 shows online. I couldnt stop watching it. I cant wait for Sunday nights now.
I never knew it was based on a book till I started reading the messages boards about it on hbo.com. I am hooked to this show!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.