Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bowen Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone, there are many questions that commonly arise when we discuss mind power, having influence and possibly control over things amd the ability to simply �make things happen�. Maybe these are all conceptual thoughts, and may be not. I do think about these things and it still puzzles me. What are your opinions on this and how do you perceive the power of mind???

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The way I look at the saying "make things happen" is to take action.

All action first takes place inside of our minds.

We must first make the decision to do something. Say like, go back to college. Once that decision is made then we have other choices: do we start now or wait until our kids are older - to maek things happen we choose now.

Then the decision is to telecommute or go to a campus. We want the full college experience without distraction so we choose campus.

[b]That[/i] is the meaning of mind power to me. Making decision that take control of nou lives as opposed to going along with the flow that make decisions for us.

Everything we do is a decision. Even choosing to not make a decision, is a decision.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
M
M
I too have been reading about this stuff lately and there is a growing amount of interest and information out there now. It appears first you must understand your inherent power, believe in your ability to harness and utilize it and you will almost automatically begin to �make things happen�. Anything that you do and the things that subsequently take place in this �reality� are just a matter of the unified quantum field expressing itself. I was totally unaware of this and then I came across the concept of practical quantum reality (subscribe to the newsletter and you�ll receive tonnes of valuable info), it allowed me to begin to understand this mostly un�discovered principle/law of the nature of things and the actual meaning of everyone�s potential mind power. The first step is to gather information and dig into it; best of luck to you on this interesting and powerful journey.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
welcome newbies to the forum, hope yous enjoy your stay!

Rosie L
Shark
Shark
I believe when we think of "mind power" we're probably thinking mostly about the Law of Attraction. This law of success basically states that you attract into your life the people and circumstances that mirror your most dominant thoughts. Think positively, attract positive things into your life.

Mind power is also giving yourself the self-confidence to take action on the positive things you're thinking about. You can think and think until the cows come home but if you don't get off the sofa and make things happen, your thoughts are only daydreams.

How you use your mind to think about yourself as a worthy and deserving person is probably the most powerful mind power of all. Think positively about yourself and abilities and you can become unstoppable. Your mind is one of your greatest success tools! Now, in my opinion, that's mind power.

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
H
Koala
Koala
H
I think of mind power as being something similar to what Chelle said... she thinks of it as making a decision, i think of it as FOCUS. Focus includes making decisions, but it also has to do with our attitude and thoughts, and how we concentrate our efforts on a few important accomplishments rather than thin what we do into many unimportant activities. Focus is what we do, but also what we think. Thinking more positively is mind power, too. If i look at what to appreciate in my day, if i am optimistic, these things will affect my decisions and actions and very much how i feel. Is focus The Law of Attraction? I think it includes the Law of Attraction, but it is also those choices, decisions if you will.

I find that when i have a vision of what i want my life to be, that i can FOCUS what i do and think to match, or at least come closer, to that dream. It's like aligning my mind, so that everything that does not support what i want, gets moved out, and the light beam of my mind gets more concentrated, lol... well, that's what i hope, anyway!

I wish, for example, to be lucky. Don't we all? LOL. So when i can think positively, i find more opportunities and also appreciate more anything positive in what crosses my path. This is mind power. So let's say today i'm going to have something VERY LUCKY happen. Will it happen? My thinking it will does raise the chances of my being able to find it or appreciate something or take a chance on something, don't you think?

Say i want to improve a relationship that is currently troubled. Well, i could decide to make it better... that would help. That would probably lead me to trying harder and working on the problems with the other person. But what focus would do, is it would get me to align myself better with the results i wish to get... that's slightly different. In my vision of a happy relationship, i'm not working on problems and i'm not having to try hard. So how i can i get there if i spend my time focusing on the decisions, fixing problems and trying harder? I can't. The solution will probably require those things also, but it will NOT take me all the way! So FOCUS becomes important. You have to stay focused on where you wish to go. That's what's going to bring in things like having good times together, too.

Hi Bowen smile

Great question!

As we've seen from the replies you've had so far, "Mind Power" means different things to different people, and in different contexts.

On a Practical level, "setting your mind" to something can help you achieve a task you may otherwise have not been able to handle is one interpretation...

On a Spiritual level, there are many interpretations and uses for the mind - including, as Sharon mentioned, the Law of Attraction; as well as, psychic abilities, sensitiviy, and the power of meditation etc.

On a Quantum level, (apart from the Law of Attraction - which has a quantum base as well as a spiritual one) there is the ability to affect physical matter with the Power of the Mind. One source of this Power of the Mind, is demontrated in experiments conducted by Princeton University, which you can read about here: Princeton University PEAR Project

A quote from the website, on the results of the project:
"The enormous databases produced by PEAR provide clear evidence that human thought and emotion can produce measureable influences on physical reality."

Also in the Quantum field, there is the Power of the Subconscious mind to connect with the Collective, resulting in Synchronicities.

The Power of the Mind over Bodily Functions is also interesting. The Subconscious controls around 90% of our bodily functions, and people are able to adjust "unconscious" bodily functions (heart rate, body temperature, and/or immune system for example), by consciously intending this. If the person is able to communicate this conscious intention to the Subconscious mind, which controls that function, then the body responds accordingly.

Mind Power, particularly in its Spiritual and Quantum interpretations, is one of my favourite subjects. smile

Love and Light and Magic xxx

Low Self Esteem? YourselfEmpowered.com
Shark
Shark
I believe when you combine the power of your mind and consistent positive action --- you've got an unstoppable and an unbeatable POWER to achieve your goals.

What do you think?

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
I agree with you that if you combine the power of your mind with consistent positive action that you've got an unbeatable power to achieve your goals. For me, mind power is a combination of our conscious and subconscious minds. It's the subconscious mind that is the "bigger" partner. Ie. it controls over 90% of our thoughts and actions. Therefore, you have to make sure that your subconscious mind is in harmony with your conscious mind. So you need to believe what it is you are thinking. So, for me, mind power means having your conscious and subconscious mind in alignment in order to create the life you want.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
This is a great post. I used to be super positive and believe in all of this. Somehow I lost it along the way. Do you have any advice how to change a mindset?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.