Next Thread
Print Thread
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
I know that very young babies can get distressed if they don't see their mother. I'm trying to find out at what age it becomes suitable (ie, no longer distressing) to put an infant in a "standard" stroller, not facing the parent. Anyone have any advice?

We're trying to shop for strollers, and we've found a huge price difference between "standard" strollers where the handles are behind the baby's head, and strollers with reversible handles that can be brought forward so that the parent is facing the baby while pushing.

Since I intend to be carrying our baby close to me in a sling or similar for quite some time, the stroller won't be used until (possibly) a few months of age. I'm wondering whether it is actually worth paying the extra for reversible handles when the baby might actually be old enough to face out by the time the stroller gets used.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
I found no problem with the normal strollers. I've had 4 babies and all of them were quite fine looking outward at the world.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Elle,

I have really loved using the Graco car seat carrier, with the graco car seat insert. The car seat faces mama in the carriers. Then we have a Graco Metrolite, which can face forward and is a really versatile stroller, but can also hold the graco car seats. That way, if you are out and about when the baby is older, you can put them in forward facing if they are awake, or you can just pop them out in the car seat if they are asleep, or you think they are going to fall asleep.

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
Thank you smile

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.