logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
I am Bella Online's new Women's Lit editor, and I am excited to talk about books with you! I love to read but often dread digging through the stacks at libraries or bookstores, but I want to be sure to spend my time reading a good book - so I'm open to suggestions.

What are some great books you've enjoyed over the summer?

Casey Manes
Women's Lit
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I just read one of the best books I've ever read. Well, actually I listened to it on audio books, which I'd recommend also.

It's called The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson. I loved it so much I bought another by her called Between, Georgia, which is also terrific.

The story is entertaining but her writing is some of the best I've ever read.

Here's info about it.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

T
Shark
Shark
T
I LOVE buying books and finding new authors. My reading has been all over the place lately. What types of books do you normally like to read?

Michelle
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks for the idea. I've never heard of "The Girl Who Stopped Swimming" so I'm excited to check it out! I just read a really interesting nonfiction book. I know some people groan at the words "nonfiction" but this was a really easy to read, fascinating book.

It's called, "The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Journey to Find the Happiest Places on Earth" and I loved it! It's for anyone who loves wit, sarcasm, a good ending and loves culture and new places.

Very entertaining.

Casey Manes
Women's Lit
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I have been reading tons of stuff this summer - in all kinds of genres! Try:
Brunonia Barry's The Lace Reader
Sarah Addison Allen's Garden Spells and Sugar Queen (two books)
Mary Ann Shaffer and author Annie Barrows' Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Sandra Worth's Lady of the Roses

Last edited by Laura-Senior-Issues; 09/12/08 07:25 AM.

Laura Strathman Hulka - Senior Issues Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
S
Shark
Shark
S
I recently read "Know it All" by A. J. Jacobs, a funny account of when the author decided to read the entire encyclopedia.

Another is "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain, I love his show and the book is a mini biography of his early experiences as a chef.

T
Shark
Shark
T
I have a library thing page where I keep track of all the books I read. When you read as much as I do, you have to keep track! LOL
You are welcome to check it out to see what I have read lately or in the past. I keep it up to date as I read each book.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Michelle

Moderated by  Jeanette - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.