logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#442179 08/08/08 04:53 PM
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Web 2.0 has brought us some great small business and home business marketing opportunities--here's one:

Promote your Business with Facebook

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Awesome article Deb! I've been tweaking things at FB to help me with my various goals.

What do you think of Twitter?

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thanks, Jilly!

I'm still figuring Twitter out (as with all social media, really!) I like it, now that there are people I know on there.

I signed up in like Feb at someone's recommendation and it just seemed silly to me then! Now, I seem to be getting into it. I twit/tweet/whatever all my articles and reviews and I also read tons of stuff others post there--your reviews and website updates, for instance! grin

I do plan on an article similar for my SOHO audience, but I want to learn some more first. One of my goals for this year (business-wise) is/was to learn social media marketing so I can use it for my clients! It just won't stay still long enough for me to nail it down! LOL--truly!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yeah too much ebb and flow. Twitter is up, Plurk is down? New things come along and we get reversals. We get totally into one thing and then ignore it for months. We only have so much time and these apps CAN be time sucks. it's fun to talk about using them well, tho.

My husband says it's like an ecosystem. I think that is a cool analogy.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Yep, great analogy--I'll have to think about that! I've been comparing it to trying to read everything in the library!

Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about social media! It seems there are new ones all the time. I do some blogging-type writing that requires me to interact with my audience. It seems every client has a different preference for social media, and it gets tired. I do follow someone who tweets her articles, which I think is cool, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
I'll be covering Twitter soon, Brandi. It does seem everyone uses different social media communities and it does get huge! I find I'm favoring certain ones as I learn and explore them, and hope to eventually get to a place where I can have some sort of grip on it.

I just took a look at FriendFinder a couple of weeks ago and have bookmarked it because I love the idea of it being sort of a holding place for everything else, but haven't had time to really get it set up.

My latest article is on YouTube which I had to figure out so I could use for clients, too!

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.