Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Speaking of gibberish, I know that you'll appreciate this cartoon from the Great Oliphant:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Here's an update. FactCheck.org still hasn't validated all of the claims in the Kilkenny email, saying only that "we will be posting something on this soon." Meanwhile, PolitiFact.com has analyzed the letter, and has declared Kilkenny's statements to be "half true" to "mostly true":

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

T
Shark
Shark
T
Quote:

Translation: No one has, as yet, found anything untrue about Kilkenny's statements. Jes' the facts, ma'am..

Quote:
Kilkenny's statements to be "half true" to "mostly true":

Oh, that's right, in libspeak, "half true" to "mostly true" is the Gospel truth... I forgot. As long as it is HALF true and MOSTLY true, it isn't UNTRUE... crazy Yeah, makes perfect sense to me.

Michelle
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Politifact is very cautious about the assignment of truth to statements that are difficult to completely verify - But if you'd bother to read their article, you'd know that they validated the claims that are contained in Kilkenny's letter.

Now here's a little Con-Speak for you: "Palin is a Pentacostal Whack Job."

T
Shark
Shark
T
ok, this is from politifact

1. Kilkenny is not a fan of Palin. For that one reason alone, I have to take into consideration she has a bone to pick with Palin and will be biased.

2. Repeatedly, the email is referred to as Kilkenny's THOUGHTS. Thoughts may or may not be fact. They could also be opinion. Which goes back to my #1. She is biased based on her dislike of Palin.

Quote:
Palin once tried to fire the town librarian after the librarian made it clear that she would oppose efforts to remove books from the local collection. Palin was the freshly elected mayor then, and although she didn�t have any particular books in mind, she posed what she later called �rhetorical� questions about how objectionable books could best be removed. It's a murky issue, but we dove in and ruled Kilkenny's statement Half True.
So here we have a half-truth. HALF-truth. I put a lot of stock into half-truths, don't you?

Quote:
Kilkenny, a Democrat, said she does not share Palin�s political point of view.
Again, just reiterating that she does not agree with Palin's politics or way of doing things anyway, she is a Democrat. Of course she is going to be critical of Palin and paint her in a negative light.

Quote:
Another thing she has learned: The public is very distrustful of the media. �But they are very trustful of me,� she said.Which she finds a little alarming. Because, she said, they really don�t know who she is. She could be anyone.
Perhaps a little warning there... she could be anyone. I totally agree. Why would I put all my faith in her based on one email that, again, has not been proven to be 100% accurate or TRUE in its claims.

Now, let's go to factcheck.org. Yes, I AM educated and visit VARIOUS sites online to gather facts.

Michelle
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
My goal in coming here was to get as many people as possible to read the Kilkenny email - say what you will about her, but she has known Palin for 15 years and 51 weeks longer than any of the rest of us.

Seen the numbers lately? This is the hottest topic in the political forum. You flaming me only helps.

Mission accomplished! :-)

T
Shark
Shark
T
If your mission was to be proven wrong, you are right, you accomplished it!
Congratulations!

Michelle
O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
My mission was to get open-minded people to read Kilkenny's e-mail, so that they could educate themselves. Mission accomplished.

As a side note, raising the dander of narrow-minded rightwingers like you is kinda fun :-)

J
J
30 MILLION DOLLARS SET ASIDE TO PAY PEOPLE TO SPREAD LIES! IF THEY WILL PAY PEOPLE TO DO THIS, WHAT ELSE WILL THEY PAY PEOPLE TO DO?

WAKE UP AMERICA!

O
octave3 Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
O
Please see my remarks in the "Independent" section. And please STOP SHOUTING. Your hysteria is showing.

If your implication is that I'm being paid to do this, you're wrong. I'm doing this as an independent - not affiliated with any campaign - because I love my country, and I don't want to see it make the same terrible "mistake" that it made eight years ago. (NB: I put "mistake" in quotes because we all know who really won the 2000 election.)

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.