Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#450013 09/05/08 03:50 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I am just amazed that simply because SP speaks English and reads well from a teleprompter people seem to have forgotten overnight that this nomination is the most ridiculous, insulting political ploy perpetrated in recent years.

Have we become so terrified of immigration that the ability to speak and read English well in front of a camera is now a primary qualification for running a country?

Have we forgotten that SP's primary VP qualification is apparently her proficiency in moose dressing?

Did a person who actually needs someone to tell her "what a VP does" actually accuse a candidate of being able to deliver a speech but not run a country?

Are we meant to be awestruck by her short-term memory as evidenced by her ability to deliver the same speech twice in a 24 hour period?

Speaking and reading English, having a working short-term memory, and dressing moose or meese, doesn't change the fact that she's nothing but fleece. She's the perfect example of the truth of Obama's statement that John McCain "does not get it." He's so out of touch with America and so clueless as to how to go about saving this country from the Bush debacle that he thinks breasts are what we need to fix things.

If that were the case, why not just nominate Pamela Anderson?

Don't let folks forget these facts. Keep fighting the fight and keep playing OUR game.

Seriously, this is always our failing - our willingness to allow Reps to not only define the game but decide what game we're playing. We're on the field throwing strikes when some Republican comes up to bat but instead of batting, he pulls out a football and throws a pass. Instead of saying, "Look at that silly person," and striking him out, we run for the end zone trying to catch the pass of absurdity.

Let's stay focused this time. Let's not let them come onto our field and change our game. Let's keep pitching strikes instead of running after passes of desperation.

Last edited by AnastasiV; 09/05/08 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
Quote:
Are we meant to be awestruck by her short-term memory as evidenced by her ability to deliver the same speech twice in a 24 hour period?
It's called a stump speech and all candidates do this. It allows them to consistently deliver their message.

Quote:
Have we become so terrified of immigration that the ability to speak and read English well in front of a camera is now a primary qualification for running a country
That's funny....coming from a party that has spent the last 8 years poking fun at President Bush for their perception of his lack of articulation.

Kay
Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: AnastasiV

Let's stay focused this time.

One of the things I like about the Democratic approach is that it is pretty diplomatic. But, I do agree that there are some very key issues that ought to be addressed when it comes to the Palin issue, which deeply affect our nation. Things that are of importance, which affect all of us are:

Palin's beliefs on: "Intelligent Design"; suing the Federal Government for making the polar bear an endangered species; global warming
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

B
Shark
Shark
B
When did she ban books? Can you provide a legitimate link to a factual story indicating Palin actually banned books? According to the link you did provide, the list of books is actually a list of every book ever banned in the US. A spokesperson for librarian.net said, "there appears to be no truth to the claim made by the commenter [the person that posted the list of books] and no further documentation or support for this has turned up."

The librarian, Mary Ellen Baker, resigned from her job in 1999.

Kay
Parakeet
Parakeet
The article I provided never said that she banned books. It said that she asked the librarian how to ban books, should she want to in the future. When the librarian said she would not be involved in book banning, Palin tried to get her fired. Town members then rallied to save the librarians job. This was in 1996.

Shay

B
Shark
Shark
B
Quote:
The article I provided never said that she banned books.

You are correct; the article did not say she banned books because, in fact, she did not. Sarah Palin never banned books. This entire story is suggestive rather than factual.

The facts:
1) She asked a rhetorical question in order to discover some insight about the employee. She just wanted to hear her response. To say that she asked this question because this is what she wanted to see happen is subjective, not factual. As an employer, I use this technique with my employees all of the time.

2) Emmons, the librarian, did receive a letter from Palin asking for her resignation but the letter did not mention anything about banned books. Similar letters were also sent to the police chief, the public works director, and the finance director. All of these people had previously worked under the mayorship of a three term mayor of which they were, understandably, very loyal to. Palin had to fight hard to win the mayoral election. These letters were sent as a test of loyalty. The librarian did not resign and, in fact, continued to serve in her position until August 1999. To say that the letter was sent because the librarian refused to ban books (when she was in fact never asked to actually ban books) is subjective, not factual.

Kay
O
Amoeba
Amoeba
O
All:

Please read "The Kilkenny email" thread for more on this topic.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: AnastasiV
... this nomination is the most ridiculous, insulting political ploy perpetrated in recent years.

...Have we forgotten that SP's primary VP qualification is apparently her proficiency in moose dressing?

...a person who actually needs someone to tell her "what a VP does" ...

...She's the perfect example of the truth of Obama's statement that John McCain "does not get it." He's so out of touch with America and so clueless as to how to go about saving this country from the Bush debacle that he thinks breasts are what we need to fix things. ...
If that were the case, why not just nominate Pamela Anderson?

...Let's stay focused this time. Let's not let them come onto our field and change our game. Let's keep pitching strikes instead of running after passes of desperation.

Many people admire and respect Sarah Palin and recognize that her experiences holding political office in Alaska qualify her for the nomination.

Demeaning her because she is attractive and 'has breasts' is insulting to most of the rest of us who are attractive and have breasts, especially those who have found success in the world through hard work and native intelligence, and others who are at home raising kids but see Sarah Palin as a mentor or role model.

While most would not vote for Palin in November without considering her political views between now and then, many would certainly think twice about voting for democrats when they feel they are being insulted via Sarah Palin.

As for asking what a Vice President does - how many people in the USA could answer that question beyond 'taking over if something happens to the President'? Why insult most of the population for not being fully aware themselves of a Vice President's duties? Maybe they assume that the VP does what Dick Cheney has been doing for the past 8 years.

Sarah Palin is not going to lose votes for McCain because comedians and Democratic party leaders insult her for being attractive and being able to shoot and dress a moose. Those facts don't need to be emphasized by the party that does not want Republicans to win in November - both are appealing to voters that Democrats need.

The media is making a big deal of her choice to give birth to a darling son with Down syndrome as if only being strongly pro-life and religious would cause anyone in their right mind to carry a prenatally diagnosed baby to term. How about finding democrats who are pro-choice moms of kids with Down syndrome who will explain in interviews that they had a prenatal diagnosis and made the choice to give birth to their son or daughter because they wanted that baby?

How about finding democrats whose 17 year old daughter became pregnant and married the baby's father, who are desperately in need of help for one or both of them to find a job with a wage that will allow them to take care of their families, go to college, save for their own home, and make a decent life for that child?

Lots of families in the U.S.A. are looking for hope for their families, and are inspired by the particulars of Sarah Palin's. What can you think to say to them that makes Obama/Biden a more attractive and inspiring ticket than McCain/Palin?

I'd like to read that here and in other forums, too.

You are not changing any voters' minds towards voting for the Democrat's ticket by attacking Sarah Palin.

Just in case no one else is telling you this, I thought I had better point it out.

Good luck,

Pam W
SE of Seattle

S
Shark
Shark
S
a person who actually needs someone to tell her "what a VP does"

I wasn't sure what the VP does either..so I looked it up..

Palin can hunt and dress a moose...
I know some woman who can hunt a deer and gut it. I cannot. In my opinion we are all products of our own culture, background, and upbringing.
Sundancer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: bepart
Quote:
The article I provided never said that she banned books.

You are correct; the article did not say she banned books because, in fact, she did not. Sarah Palin never banned books. This entire story is suggestive rather than factual.

No one ever claimed that Sarah Palin banned books. What is factual is that she inquired about banning books. Banning books is unconstitutional in the United States. Niether one of us was present when the alleged firing episode went on. We don't know the absolute truth on that. My main point is that anyone who even suggests that they would consider actions that contradict the constitution does not belong in, or near the White House.

Shay

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.