logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#446367 08/22/08 06:05 AM
Good French cheese in the US?

You can't get it, really. Doesn't taste the same.

Especially as raw milk is not allowed!

Last edited by Queen Mab; 08/22/08 06:05 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I'm pregnant right now and craving a lot of foods we can't find here (like regular cheerios) or are impossible to make w/out the right ingredients (like tamales or blue corn enchiladas). Thankfully I'm going in a week to load up on comfort foods!

Otherwise, I don't miss much about the States except my family, who I keep close touch with.

I've been here for 12 years and I'm home. Then again, I live in the South and can see the sea from my window...

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Homesick Francophiles might enjoy a taste of France with these dual-language short stories (helps keep up your French language skills too!)

Guy De Maupassant - French Short Scary Stories - Dual Language

I miss the French classes I took. At that time I sometimes felt bored, sometimes stressed out, and would have not thought that I'll miss them some day, but I do. And I wish I had someone to chat with in French, because without practice I feel I'm losing it. Alors, voulez-vous parler avec moi? :)

[quote=FrenchCultureMelissa]I've been living abroad, Paris to be exact, for one year now. Since the chill of this year's very long winter has burned off, I no longer spend my days wishing for Texas' sunshine. There are MANY things that I miss, but most of all I miss Tex Mex cuisine. Try as I might to replicate flavors, there is something missing from my stock here. Fresh off the plane, I get my fix of the proper porportions of grease and spice washed down by an icy margarita. Throw in a sandy beach and you're in paradise. So, what do you miss the most?[/quote] I miss not being in France sigh. Have you tried La Perla in the Marais district it is a sister restaurant to Cafe Pacifico in London. I visited quite a few years ago but I would imagine the food is still good. It had great Mexican dishes but then I guess it will never be the same as Texas down Mexico way.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
When I was away from Massachusetts I really missed the landscapes. The quiet rolling hills. The gentle 'snuggly' feel of it. Every time I drove home, my heart just sang when I came into Connecticut and the landscape began undulating.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  FrenchCultureMelissa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.