logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Will your child be attending a new school or gifted program? Have any accommodations been set in place, or have you been told, "We'll wait and see"? I'm interested in hearing about what parents are looking forward to this school year. Homeschoolers, do you have anything different coming up this fall?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My grandson will be going back to college, And moving closer to the campus. I can't wait. I love living alone, Yippee

Rosie L
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
LOL, at least you know what you like! Good luck to GS in college.

thanks, Sky!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I have a daughter that will be attending college first year and a middle child-daughter who will begin her first Pre-AP classes. Please, Lorel or anyone, give me tips for studying in college, prepping for test (anxiety test takers run in the family) and getting the lil' one, who is an all A's student and will be 10 this year, ready for school in a few weeks. The mind has become dull I'm sure.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
My ds will be going to college f/t. Went p/t last year.

Test prepping -- toughie, since my ds rarely has had anxiety. And when he did, I asked, "What's the worst thing that might happen? You do poorly on a test. No one gets hurt, no one dies." Maybe a bit of meditation?

Getting ready for school? How about reading? Or take a topic and have a family discussion?

Will your dd be living on campus for college, or commuting? My son will be commuting, and I think that may help, because he will undoubtedly have down time between classes to get whatever work done. (Hopefully, he will use it wisely!) No computer games to distract him.... The biggest thing is to just keep up with the work, not let it pile up and become an overwhelming mountain. My son was sporadic at that last semester, but it was only 2 classes. I'm hoping he has learned a bit from that -- he has on the surface, but seeing if he will apply it, well, that's a different matter!

Best of luck to your kids (and you -- I know the toll it takes on moms!) this year, Kimberly.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Thanks.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
I just started a new preschool program with my kids vs sending them out to a Head Start program and I am REALLY pleased with it.

Angela England
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Kimmie-

A couple ideas for success in college-
1. go to every class
2. preread if your assignments are predictable. For instance, you will get a lot more out of chapter three's lecture if you've already read it and are familiar with the material. Then you can simply take notes on the portions that the instructor emphasizes. If it's in the book AND the prof talks about it, it has to be important.

Angela-

Are you doing a structured preschool curriculum at home? I'd be interested in hearing which one, and how you like it.

Good luck to all of your children, as they head into the new school year!

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Thank you so much. I'll pass it on to the new, college student in the house, my dear sweet daughter.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I had hoped to homeschool everyone this year, but it's not working out that way. Three of my school-age children will continue with public school, two will be at home with me because they have not been with us long enough to be away from our family for 6 hours a day, and one is not school-age yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.