logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hi everyone.
I was dignosed with coliacs a little over a year ago now and am getting frustrated with eating the same old things all the time. So was wondering if anyone had any good gluten free recipies that they are willing to share.

Heres two of my favorites.

Scalloped Potatoes

4 large potatoes
1 clove garlic
Cheese
Cream

Peel and slice potatoes thinly

Layer potatoes then cheese then potatoe finish with a cheese layer

Poar cream over the top

Bake for 45 minutes and then allow to sit for five minutes before serving

Honey soy Chicken

500g Chicken Breast Skinless
Honey
Soy sauce
chinese five spice
Light olive oil
1 clove garlic

1. Cube chicken

2. Mix 2 tablespoons soy, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/4 teaspoon fivespice, 1 clover of garlic crushed and 2 tablespoons olive oil together

3. marrinate chicken overnight

'The greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return'
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
My stepdaughter was recently diagnosed so this summer is our first experience with it. I have some recipes etc. on my blog. I think the main thing is to stay away from boxed/prepackaged meals. Walmart has a lot of GF products.

Michelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Somehow, I stumbled upon this blog. A lady is using her crockpot every day this year. Her daughter is celiac, so all of her recipes are gluten-free.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Fairykat,

Check out www.deliciousandhealthy.com. She's gluten and dairy free -- she has a free newsletter, has published a cookbook and also has some free online cooking videos you can access through her site.

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
Fairycat,

My favorite Gluten Free website isBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Martha McKinnon
T
Shark
Shark
T
My stepdaughter now lives with us full time so all our main meals have to be gluten-free or we have to have something for her that she can eat. Mostly we just adapt our normal recipes so that they are made with GF ingredients and so far it has been ok. We stay away from box meals (can't afford them anyway when we are feeding 6 people!!) and just make sure to plan the menu out ahead of time. There will be occasions where we make stuff that is not GF, but we'll have something for her. Like I know we'll do pot pies or chicken and noodles... we do buy her boxed meals so she has some quick and easy stuff she can eat on those nights that type of thing is needed for her... so when I cook the chicken for the pot pie or chicken noodles, I'll just keep some out for her box meal and she'll have the meat ready and make her stuff and she'll be eating something similar but safe.

I also try to keep GF meal ideas and recipes on my blog, esp now that she is here full time. There are a lot of sources out there. I know allrecipes.com has a GF section.

Oh! And I read an article today that our local Krogers is going to start labeling the shelves under the gluten-free items they carry, so you may see that at your own Krogers, or maybe even request it. It is definitely something that more people are becoming aware of. In fact, the talk radio station I listen to (out of Chicago) has a celiac commercial they play frequently talking about the disease.

Michelle
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Fairykat
Honey soy Chicken

500g Chicken Breast Skinless
Honey
Soy sauce
chinese five spice
Light olive oil
1 clove garlic

My mom was just dx with Celiac, so I've been doing a lot of research and recipe experimenting.

One of the first things I decided to make was Fried rice - something that i can make from memory, and I knew making it from scratch with fresh ingredients I could make sure it didn't have any gluten in it.

The only prepackaged ingredient I used was SOY SAUCE. Thinking, "soy" no problem.

While it was cooking I started reading the back of the bottle - the second ingredient is "WHEAT".

It was the store brand, so I thought "maybe just a cheap alternative". I went to the store the next day and looked at every bottle of soy sauce on the main aisle - every single bottle (including Kikkoman's) had wheat as an ingredient.

When doing a search on soy sauce I found that this is the way soy sauce is made. So a person that is severely sensitive to wheat is going to be sensitive to soy sauce and teriyaki sauce (which uses soy as a base).

There are gluten free soy sauces, but you have to look for them - just like other gluten free products.

There is also a sauce called "Tamari" which is similar to soy sauce, but is made specifically for cooking and is thicker and uses less (or none) of the wheat.

Here's an article about Soy & Tamari Sauces

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh - and as to the recipe:

Fried rice:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 package of brocolli slaw
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 Tbsp sesame seeds or 1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 chicken breasts - cooked and chopped up or minced in the food processor
3 cups cooked rice (any kind: white, Jasmine, or brown)
2 eggs beaten
gluten free soy sauce (I don't measure this - kind of just toss it in)

1. Heat the oils in a large pan or wok, add garlic. Let heat until fragrant.
2. Add brocolli slaw, green onions, & sesame seeds or almonds - throw a dash or two of soy sauce in. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until vegetables start to soften.
3. Add chopped chicken and rice and more soy - stir fry to combine about 2 minutes.
4. Pour beaten egg over everything. Mix to combine. Place lid on top of pan or wok, steam for about 3 minutes. Uncover and sitr fry to make sure all egg is cooked.
5. Taste and add more soy sauce if necessary.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.